- Graphics Cards
- Peripherals & Accessories
- Why ROG?
- ROG PRO
- About ROG
Nvidia just broke the 300-mark with its latest 301.24 beta drivers, and according to the green gaming camp, these are a little more special than your usual incremental update, sporting brand new features and gaming performance – particularly for Skyrim players who will see up to 24% improvements. Read the full post for performance benchmarks and visual IQ comparisons and download the 301.24 beta drivers to try for yourself.
An essential upgrade for all GeForce users, these drivers enable NVIDIA FXAA, NVIDIA Adaptive VSync, and NVIDIA Frame Rate Target on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs and also add new NVIDIA Surround features for all Surround-capable GPUs. Also included are numerous performance improvements for top titles, new SLI profiles, and new 3D Vision profiles.
Nvidia FXAA Technology
With the release of the GeForce 301.24 beta driver, a high-speed, shader-based anti-aliasing technique can be applied directly to hundreds of games through the NVIDIA Control Panel. Called NVIDIA FXAA, this technique is up to 60% faster than 4xMSAA, and can produce results equal to or better than the ageing anti-aliasing solution. Furthermore, FXAA is able to anti-alias increasingly-popular transparent textures, as shown in our Batman: Arkham City Graphics Breakdown and Performance Guide, making it the clear winner in many of today’s games.
NVIDIA Adaptive VSync
Many gamers enable Vertical Synchronization (VSync) to prevent screen-tearing, an unsightly occurrence caused by frame rates exceeding a monitor’s refresh rate. The downside is the occasional and equally annoying stutter when frame rates drop below the locked VSync frame rate, and again when they return to the locked rate.
To fix the problem, the GeForce 301.24 beta drivers come loaded with NVIDIA Adaptive VSync, an automated technique that disables VSync when frame rates fall below the locked rate, and re-enables it when they return to the locked rate, significantly reducing stuttering whilst still preventing tearing.
NVIDIA Surround Enhancements
The GeForce 301.24 beta drivers introduce several new NVIDIA Surround features for our multi-monitor users. To learn more, click each link below.
- NVIDIA Surround Accessory Display: Enable a fourth ‘Accessory Display’ to check emails, browse the web, or access other applications while in-game.
- NVIDIA Desktop Management: Maximize applications to a single physical display when in Surround mode.
- NVIDIA Desktop Management: Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display.
- NVIDIA Bezel Peeking: ‘Peek’ behind monitor bezels to reveal obscured menus and game information.
- NVIDIA Central Display Acceleration: Play single-screen games at full speed on Surround setups.
- NVIDIA Custom Resolution Management: Add or remove Surround resolutions to improve compatibility in applications and games.
Our engineers have once again delved back into the GeForce driver’s code, optimizing and tweaking wherever possible. The result: improved performance on GeForce 400 and 500-series GPUs in the two dozen games we ran through our labs (GeForce GTX 680 users received these improvements as part of the launch-day 301.10 driver).
The largest improvement was again found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the world’s most popular role-playing game. As the chart below shows, performance increased by 17-20% at 2560×1600 using the most demanding game settings available (similar gains were recorded at 1920×1080).
New & Updated SLI Profiles
As always, our new GeForce driver includes new and updated profiles for today’s top titles, increasing performance and unleashing the full power of SLI systems.
- Alan Wake
- Call of Juarez: The Cartel
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – The Missing Link
- Left 4 Dead
- Orcs Must Die!
- Portal 2
- Risen 2: Dark Waters
- The Darkness II
New & Updated 3D Vision Profiles
New and updated 3D Vision profiles are also included in the GeForce 301.24 beta drivers, helping you get the best possible experience when playing in stereoscopic 3D using our industry-leading technology.
- All Zombies Must Die! – Rated Fair
- Ghosts ‘n Goblins Online – Rated Good
- Krater – Rated Poor
- Oil Rush – Rated 3D Vision Ready
- Postal III – Rated Good
- Rayman Origins – Rated Good
- SevenCore – Rated Fair
- Stacking – Rated Good
- Unigine Heaven Benchmark v3.0 – Rated 3D Vision Ready
- Wargame: European Escalation – Rated Good
- Warp – Rated Good
- Wings of Prey – Rated Fair
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Learn To DIY
Want to learn how to best build your own PC? Download or read our free guide right here!
ROG Forum Hot Threads
Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Protest OS support! We Pay No SAY? BS!!!!
- Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Prote...
16:12:58 17 May, 2013 · 68 replie(s)
- A word of warning regarding GEN3 su...
15:31:53 4 May, 2013 · 56 replie(s)
- PC Fails to POST after swapping GPU...
09:09:29 8 May, 2013 · 55 replie(s)
- Cant get RAID0 working, Drivers won...
14:27:23 4 May, 2013 · 55 replie(s)
- Maximus V Extreme: CPU just got rea...
03:22:07 4 May, 2013 · 47 replie(s)
- ASUS Z87 Motherboards Unveiled
15:25:40 4 May, 2013 · 45 replie(s)
- Freezes on Windows 7 with ASUS Cros...
09:16:05 2 May, 2013 · 44 replie(s)
- Can't find video card in Windows
22:43:31 19 May, 2013 · 38 replie(s)
- AsusBacktracker Backup Factory Ima...
19:44:00 12 May, 2013 · 36 replie(s)
- Asus DCU II 7970 Top voltage totall...
20:17:26 9 May, 2013 · 36 replie(s)
- Maximus IV Extreme problems. Help Please
06:15:48 4 May, 2013 · 36 replie(s)
- rampage will not boot
10:13:56 6 May, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- Newly Build System gets stuck on St...
12:49:48 23 Apr, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- Just Ordered A Refurbished G75VW-BH...
01:46:34 30 Apr, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- Strange Memory Failure extreme iv
11:46:52 18 May, 2013 · 33 replie(s)
- Gamer Boyfriend-Girlfriend
19:15:53 27 Apr, 2013 · 32 replie(s)
- Last desperate attempt to cool the ...
11:56:01 3 May, 2013 · 32 replie(s)
- What are normal temperatures at idl...
19:17:17 24 Apr, 2013 · 30 replie(s)
- Wtf is up with this site???
05:29:17 19 May, 2013 · 30 replie(s)
- New bios 4004
17:09:36 14 May, 2013 · 29 replie(s)
[SIZE=2]I gave Asus support an ultimatum, two weeks for Win 7 suppo...By Arif013, in "General Discussion"A word of warning regarding GEN3 support and SB-E.
I've been working a lot on my work projects these last few days and...By Nodens, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"PC Fails to POST after swapping GPU's around
Hi All, Could someone kindly assist me with the following issue ...By Malachor, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Cant get RAID0 working, Drivers won't take.
I just installed my samsung 840 pros, set up the array with latest ...By Lynkdev, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Maximus V Extreme: CPU just got really hot and shut everything down!
Hello ROG, I just recently built a new desktop for the first tim...By ToddJW, in "Maximus Series Motherboards"ASUS Z87 Motherboards Unveiled
[url]http://wccftech.com/asus-z87-motherboards-unveiled-maximus-vi-...By kkn, in "General Discussion"Freezes on Windows 7 with ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z + AMD FX-8350
Hello, I have a big problem with my new system building. I us...By ibogee, in "Crosshair Series Motherboards"Can't find video card in Windows
Hello all!! I recently bought a maximus v formula board, but I a...By bigmen2007, in "Maximus Series Motherboards"AsusBacktracker Backup Factory Image Windows 8 G75VX
Hi. New in Asus Download. -Backup factory Image: Usb Device +14Gb ...By DvvDROG, in "G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks"Asus DCU II 7970 Top voltage totally unlocked - 2nd time by DJ_OXyGeNe_8
Before we did it with matrix bios, but now we'll not use Matrix bio...By DJ_OXyGeNe_8, in "Radeon Series Graphic Cards"Maximus IV Extreme problems. Help Please
Ok its a bit of a long one this. I just purchased a second hand Ex...By kPATm, in "Maximus Series Motherboards"rampage will not boot
Hi, gotta problem. computer will not boot at all, no post, no fans,...By hohmann, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Newly Build System gets stuck on Starting Windows screen?
Hey everyone... ^_^ How r u all? Nice to meet u all... ^_^ Wel...By syaoran7li, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Just Ordered A Refurbished G75VW-BHI7N07 From Newegg...
...And I'm hoping you kind folks (with much more knowledge than I) ...By SHADO, in "G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks"Strange Memory Failure extreme iv
Hallo, Im expiriencing very strange memory behavior. I get Bsod's...By kocy33, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Gamer Boyfriend-Girlfriend
How many of you here have Gamer partner... I haven't met gamer gir...By Pratham, in "General Discussion"Last desperate attempt to cool the CPU by air!
Hi people, This is a modification,... since I have no other choi...By sandro c, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"What are normal temperatures at idle/load/extreme load modes?
I have Ramapge IV Extreme, Core i7 3930k, Corsair Dominator GT CMT1...By Pratham, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Wtf is up with this site???
why do i now have to enter a password and a verification code every...By m.oreilly, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"New bios 4004
There is a New bios 4004 and there is this : Rampage IV Extreme ...By MMXMMX, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"
- Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Prote...
- Annnnnnd the new Maximus VI Gene! http://t.co/XV2quosy8G about 1 day ago
- TUF SABERTOOTH Z87 with Thermal Armor, TUF Fortifier, and Dust Defender. http://t.co/OcTeH7Kcrf about 2 days ago
- GRYPHON ARMOR KIT http://t.co/7Jrr0Vcd2N about 2 days ago
- TUF GRYPHON Z87 http://t.co/YVWc4tEQYs about 2 days ago
- The new Maximus VI Extreme. Full details coming soon! http://t.co/2Vwn5SHQQN about 3 days ago
- http://t.co/1OoRwZXwHM about 4 days ago