- Gaming PCs
- Gaming Laptops
- Gaming Headsets
- Gaming Keyboards & Mice
- Graphics Cards
- Sound Cards
- RAIDR Express SSD
- Why ROG?
- ROG PRO
- About ROG
ROG Connect on your iPad or iPhone is now available for you to download. This works on all ROG motherboards that support Bluetooth ROG Connect!
For Rampage and Maximus III Extreme, you need to install this driver to make the iPhone work. Download it here (select Utilities).
Overclocking: Allows to overclock your PC on-the-fly on iPhone/iPad. This feature gives you the access to all turning and tweaking options required for overclocking.
Hardware Monitor: Real-time monitor system information, critical parts temperatures, voltages, frequencies, and fan speeds on your PC.
Remote Control: Remote access to restart and forced shut down your PC.
I know this is long overdue, but here is the latest update I can give you guys on iPhone support on ROG boards. First of all due to Apple’s Bluetooth implementation, the functionality will be slightly limited when compared to an Android based phone. Note that the way you enable RC Connect and iDirect are different. Thus due to Apple’s Bluetooth implementation, you can utilize iDirect on any ROG board that offers ROG Connect even if it doesn’t have the RC Bluetooth module. You can connect through USB, Wifi, and a Bluetooth dongle/adapter.
First of all, the only boards i have personally tested our phones on so far are the Rampage III Extreme, Maximus IV Extreme, and Crosshair IV Extreme.
I will try and do a nicer guide in the coming days, but for the time being here are the few things you need to know.
- You need iDirect installed on your phone and you need the mobilink software installed on your computer.
- Typically with RC Connect on android you press the RC connect button to activate the rog connect through your phone. if this is “on” then in windows this will disable your bluetooth functionality. NOW with iDrect, you HAVE to connect through the Windows Bluetooth, so you DON’T want to press the RC Connect button. you want to leave Bluetooth within Windows on. So do the opposite as you were to do for RC Connect.
- Lastly you WILL need tethering enabled and bluetooth enabled.
- Search and pair your Bluetooth with your phone, make sure they are connected.
- Fire up your iDirect app on your phone, go to settings and make sure your connection is set to Bluetooth. It should make the detection.
Now here is whats tricky…
- Rampage III Extreme with IOS3.x does not come with tethering.
- Rampage III Extreme with IOS3.x jailbreak allows tethering but i have not had any success in getting it to connect.
- Rampage III Extreme with IOS4.x allows tethering but you have to pay. I was able to successfully connect.
- Rampage III Extreme with IOS4.x jailbreak allows free tethering. This successfully connected.
- Maximus IV Extreme with IOS3.x jailbreak was able to connect.
Below we have a chart that shows you which boards are supposed to be compatible under ios4 non jail broken. I have not tested it with a jail broken phone so if anyone has feedback please let me know from your tests. HELP THE COMMUNITY OUT, I CAN’T DO IT ALONE! Thanks!
- Features: Use the ROG Connect through a notebook or another computer, RC bluetooth for Android, Windows Mobile, and Symbian support, and ROG iDirect for iOS support.
- Host: This has to be one of the compatible motherboards, with a compatible OS, and the latest software updates are needed to run properly.
- Remote: This is the devices that you can use, compatible OS, and software needed to run properly.
Let us know your results, testing and techniques in the forums or on ROG Facebook!
The article was originally written by Brian @ ASUS.
Learn How To PC DIY
You've got the hardware, now crank it to the max! Check out our full coverage of PC build, overclocking, and feature guides.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
What makes ROG kit so special? Discover its unique innovations and exclusive technologies.
ROG Forum Hot Threads
A new era for my TestBench
- A new era for my TestBench
02:32:05 3 Mar, 2014 · 43 replie(s)
- Need help with compatibility (Alrea...
05:50:11 8 Mar, 2014 · 43 replie(s)
- CROSSHAIR V FORMULA motherboard res...
22:53:31 21 Feb, 2014 · 37 replie(s)
- full tower under 175$/2133mhz+ ram ...
00:26:58 27 Feb, 2014 · 37 replie(s)
- abvolt's New Toy
21:46:42 9 Feb, 2014 · 36 replie(s)
- Loss of settings in the bios with t...
08:48:34 1 Mar, 2014 · 36 replie(s)
- OCing i7 4770k to 4.5Ghz (Maximus V...
02:48:26 21 Feb, 2014 · 34 replie(s)
- Should I purchase the G750JX?
16:23:09 23 Feb, 2014 · 34 replie(s)
- which mobo for the following requir...
15:04:00 18 Feb, 2014 · 33 replie(s)
- ROG and OCUK Pro benching live from Wed.
20:09:17 24 Feb, 2014 · 31 replie(s)
- Changing my I73960x i74960x on R4E ...
06:32:58 12 Feb, 2014 · 30 replie(s)
- Maximus V Gene Code 55
03:37:56 15 Feb, 2014 · 30 replie(s)
- Intel vs AMD
03:33:10 24 Feb, 2014 · 30 replie(s)
- AR4E Black + Geforce 780Ti Memory a...
17:12:12 20 Feb, 2014 · 29 replie(s)
- i5 4670K and R9 290 TRI-X overclock...
12:42:55 27 Feb, 2014 · 29 replie(s)
04:38:40 9 Feb, 2014 · 27 replie(s)
- trifire on 1200w?
13:00:15 12 Feb, 2014 · 27 replie(s)
- BIG PROBLEM with my ASUS G750JX. HE...
17:56:40 23 Feb, 2014 · 27 replie(s)
- Need advice: Last build was 14 years ago
00:43:55 18 Feb, 2014 · 26 replie(s)
- Maximus V Gene & Intel i5 2550K...
00:19:43 27 Feb, 2014 · 26 replie(s)
Hello mates! It's been a while since I have started a thread... ...By Zka17, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Need help with compatibility (Already bought everything)
Sorry if this doesn't fit the normal build help criteria. So I just...By Cortland15B, in "Build Advice"CROSSHAIR V FORMULA motherboard resource conflict in device manager
I guarantee you that everyone has this same resource conflict in de...By nut, in "Crosshair Series Motherboards"full tower under 175$/2133mhz+ ram suggestions
Hey guys, so I've been bitten by the performance bug again and I wa...By Hazzyftw, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"abvolt's New Toy
It's not every day you get to build a high end gaming machine and I...By abvolt, in "Case Modding & PC Build Pics"Loss of settings in the bios with the R4BE
Hello With a new R4BE, last night I tuned off my PC (power off)...By tistou77, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"OCing i7 4770k to 4.5Ghz (Maximus VI Hero)
Hey guys, somewhat of a newb here. I've been using intel XTU for OC...By Hazzyftw, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Should I purchase the G750JX?
I'm going to need a computer for college next year (Computer Scienc...By yeehz, in "G750 Series Notebooks"which mobo for the following requirements ?
hey guys, I surfed around on the Asus product web pages and goog...By Profundido, in "Build Advice"ROG and OCUK Pro benching live from Wed.
Hello guys Team ROG and OCUK Pro will be benching live from Wed - F...By HiVizMan, in "Team ROG & Competitive OC Discussion"Changing my I73960x i74960x on R4E motherboard QUESTION
I have Rampage IV Extreme Mother Board okay so I have a bad i7...By jblanc03, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Maximus V Gene Code 55
My computer was running perfectly well and smoothly until this afte...By leoster121, in "Older Maximus Series Motherboards"Intel vs AMD
I'm looking to do a build and I'm on a budget. Which would you rath...By Cobras_Rule, in "Build Advice"AR4E Black + Geforce 780Ti Memory and random restart
Hi All, I recently built my rig with the following components : A...By mprahladka, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"i5 4670K and R9 290 TRI-X overclocking with Hero VI
Hi! I'm kind of new to the overclocking scene, but have acquired s...By Jurge92, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Lol..
Just found on youtube.. He managed to run for a long time anyway, ...By WhitePaw, in "General Discussion"trifire on 1200w?
So for my build (wich started last year and still isn't done) I was...By Nephelim, in "Build Advice"BIG PROBLEM with my ASUS G750JX. HELP ME TO SOLVE THAT PROBLEM!
Big problem with my ASUS G750JX. Help me to solve that! I have a p...By Al!f1990, in "G750 Series Notebooks"Need advice: Last build was 14 years ago
Case - Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 MB - Maximus VI Formula CPU - ...By Mart131, in "Build Advice"Maximus V Gene & Intel i5 2550K, overclock help please!
Hey there RoG! I saw a really cool CPU fan on sale a few days ag...By Vinni, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"
- A new era for my TestBench
- Could not connect to Twitter
Article TagsAMD asus cheap games Competition Crosshair V Formula-Z DirectCU II eSports event Extreme Overclocking Gallery gaming GeForce GPU Tweak graphics card guide Intel LN2 Maximus V Extreme Maximus V Formula Maximus V GENE Maximus VI Extreme Modding motherboard NVIDIA Overclocked overclocking PC PC gaming PC Mod PC modding PC Mods Pics Pictures PR Rampage IV Black Edition Rampage IV Extreme review rog Super Alloy Power TOP unboxing video watercooling World Record YouTube