- Gaming PCs
- Gaming Laptops
- Gaming Headsets
- Gaming Keyboards & Mice
- Graphics Cards
- Sound Cards
- RAIDR Express SSD
- Why ROG?
- ROG PRO
- About ROG
ROG Connect on your iPad or iPhone is now available for you to download. This works on all ROG motherboards that support Bluetooth ROG Connect!
For Rampage and Maximus III Extreme, you need to install this driver to make the iPhone work. Download it here (select Utilities).
Overclocking: Allows to overclock your PC on-the-fly on iPhone/iPad. This feature gives you the access to all turning and tweaking options required for overclocking.
Hardware Monitor: Real-time monitor system information, critical parts temperatures, voltages, frequencies, and fan speeds on your PC.
Remote Control: Remote access to restart and forced shut down your PC.
I know this is long overdue, but here is the latest update I can give you guys on iPhone support on ROG boards. First of all due to Apple’s Bluetooth implementation, the functionality will be slightly limited when compared to an Android based phone. Note that the way you enable RC Connect and iDirect are different. Thus due to Apple’s Bluetooth implementation, you can utilize iDirect on any ROG board that offers ROG Connect even if it doesn’t have the RC Bluetooth module. You can connect through USB, Wifi, and a Bluetooth dongle/adapter.
First of all, the only boards i have personally tested our phones on so far are the Rampage III Extreme, Maximus IV Extreme, and Crosshair IV Extreme.
I will try and do a nicer guide in the coming days, but for the time being here are the few things you need to know.
- You need iDirect installed on your phone and you need the mobilink software installed on your computer.
- Typically with RC Connect on android you press the RC connect button to activate the rog connect through your phone. if this is “on” then in windows this will disable your bluetooth functionality. NOW with iDrect, you HAVE to connect through the Windows Bluetooth, so you DON’T want to press the RC Connect button. you want to leave Bluetooth within Windows on. So do the opposite as you were to do for RC Connect.
- Lastly you WILL need tethering enabled and bluetooth enabled.
- Search and pair your Bluetooth with your phone, make sure they are connected.
- Fire up your iDirect app on your phone, go to settings and make sure your connection is set to Bluetooth. It should make the detection.
Now here is whats tricky…
- Rampage III Extreme with IOS3.x does not come with tethering.
- Rampage III Extreme with IOS3.x jailbreak allows tethering but i have not had any success in getting it to connect.
- Rampage III Extreme with IOS4.x allows tethering but you have to pay. I was able to successfully connect.
- Rampage III Extreme with IOS4.x jailbreak allows free tethering. This successfully connected.
- Maximus IV Extreme with IOS3.x jailbreak was able to connect.
Below we have a chart that shows you which boards are supposed to be compatible under ios4 non jail broken. I have not tested it with a jail broken phone so if anyone has feedback please let me know from your tests. HELP THE COMMUNITY OUT, I CAN’T DO IT ALONE! Thanks!
- Features: Use the ROG Connect through a notebook or another computer, RC bluetooth for Android, Windows Mobile, and Symbian support, and ROG iDirect for iOS support.
- Host: This has to be one of the compatible motherboards, with a compatible OS, and the latest software updates are needed to run properly.
- Remote: This is the devices that you can use, compatible OS, and software needed to run properly.
Let us know your results, testing and techniques in the forums or on ROG Facebook!
The article was originally written by Brian @ ASUS.
Learn How To PC DIY
You've got the hardware, now crank it to the max! Check out our full coverage of PC build, overclocking, and feature guides.
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
What makes ROG kit so special? Discover its unique innovations and exclusive technologies.
ROG Forum Hot Threads
Never ever do this.
- Never ever do this.
22:14:59 9 Apr, 2014 · 58 replie(s)
- selecting mem
18:05:50 25 Mar, 2014 · 57 replie(s)
- cannot update Intel 82583v onboard ...
19:48:53 29 Mar, 2014 · 55 replie(s)
- Push pull setup question
00:46:47 9 Apr, 2014 · 40 replie(s)
- I need expert help please. error 34
00:00:41 21 Mar, 2014 · 37 replie(s)
- Asus Matrix R9 290X Platinum: impre...
01:41:07 25 Mar, 2014 · 37 replie(s)
- windows 7 crashed with any bios change
02:14:33 19 Mar, 2014 · 36 replie(s)
- Delete factory recovery partition. ...
15:14:12 1 Apr, 2014 · 36 replie(s)
- Myk's BF4 Freebie Code Giveaway!!
12:09:03 19 Mar, 2014 · 35 replie(s)
- Building my First PC Help me on it
11:00:21 3 Apr, 2014 · 35 replie(s)
- Administrator needed....
08:08:55 21 Mar, 2014 · 33 replie(s)
- I have an opportunity to upgrade fr...
01:07:23 30 Mar, 2014 · 32 replie(s)
- Coolant for Radiator, Please need help
04:46:05 31 Mar, 2014 · 32 replie(s)
- I've got 10 Matrix 'OC Tool's to gi...
14:34:35 24 Mar, 2014 · 31 replie(s)
- GTX 780ti reference card or the soo...
01:24:17 25 Mar, 2014 · 31 replie(s)
- Haswell overclock
07:02:43 4 Apr, 2014 · 31 replie(s)
- Gday from Downunder
03:12:01 11 Apr, 2014 · 30 replie(s)
- R4E Black - UNBELIEVABLE! DISAPPOIN...
16:47:45 11 Apr, 2014 · 30 replie(s)
- asus rampage iv formula intel x79 (...
09:40:10 3 Apr, 2014 · 29 replie(s)
- How to properly connect a ASUS GTX ...
01:24:00 28 Mar, 2014 · 28 replie(s)
I was searching some of the threads here last night to see if anyon...By Melting Point, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"selecting mem
Today i picked out the very best from some of my collection of Elpi...By WhitePaw, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"cannot update Intel 82583v onboard LAN driver to latest one
Hi, Just got my brand new CHVF-Z board today, came from an old CHV...By SaLSouL, in "Crosshair Motherboards"Push pull setup question
I have a Seidon 120V closed loop cooler. It comes with an ok fan. I...By Veracis, in "Build Advice"I need expert help please. error 34
Specs :- MBored: Rampage IV (BF3 extreme edition) CPU: Intel Core...By EMCrash, in "Rampage Motherboards"Asus Matrix R9 290X Platinum: impressions, experience and torture
I've got my hands on a new Asus Matrix R9 290X Platinum card! :cool...By Zka17, in "Radeon Graphic Cards"windows 7 crashed with any bios change
Title says it all, i tried to use the extream tweaker gammer oc pr...By kawiguy, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Delete factory recovery partition. Can someone copy it for me?
Hey all, I did some silly things with the override command in disk...By b419kid, in "G75, G55 & G46 Gaming Notebooks"Myk's BF4 Freebie Code Giveaway!!
Hey guys, I have [b]one[/b] copy of BF4 to give away. I won this co...By Myk SilentShadow, in "PC Gaming"Building my First PC Help me on it
Motherboards: RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION storage: Kingston Hyp...By salemzia, in "Build Advice"Administrator needed....
I am no longer able to private message. Did I do something wrong? I...By Hard2Ki11, in "General Discussion"I have an opportunity to upgrade from a samsung Series 7 Gamer to G750JH - Have Q's?
I currently own a Samsung Series 7 Gamer NP700G7C. There is nothing...By Caustic, in "G750 and G56 Gaming Notebooks"Coolant for Radiator, Please need help
Hello Friends, I need advise or help, i have purchased everythin...By Mehwish, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"I've got 10 Matrix 'OC Tool's to give out Team ROG folks!
Very shortly I'll have 10 of these Matrix 'OC Tools' to give out. I...By MarshallR@ASUS, in "Team ROG & Competitive OC Discussion"GTX 780ti reference card or the soon to be released GTX 780 6gb Vram
Title says it. ROG Swift 1440p single monitor for gaming. I curren...By Veracis, in "Build Advice"Haswell overclock
Hey there all! I am playing around with my clocks and have gotten m...By jfrech14, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Gday from Downunder
Hi PC Enthusiasts. Just wanted to introduce myself. My first post s...By MeanMachine, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"R4E Black - UNBELIEVABLE! DISAPPOINTED! *Please Read*
Ok.. I must first say that this isn't my board... This board belong...By BOLTS4BREKFAST, in "Rampage Motherboards"asus rampage iv formula intel x79 (not always booting up first time)
hello there am having a problem my motherboard. I am having maj...By rampin, in "Rampage Motherboards"How to properly connect a ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II OC into Asus VG248QE R
Hello everyone! Yesterday I received my monitor Asus VG248QE R. ...By jorgevazquez87, in "Build Advice"
- Never ever do this.
- Could not connect to Twitter
Article TagsAMD asus cheap games Competition Crosshair V Formula-Z DIGI+ VRM DirectCU II EKWB eSports event Extreme Overclocking Gallery gaming GeForce GPU Tweak graphics card guide Intel LN2 Maximus V Extreme Maximus V Formula Maximus V GENE Maximus VI Extreme Modding motherboard NVIDIA overclocking PC PC gaming PC Mod PC Mods Pics Pictures PR Rampage IV Black Edition Rampage IV Extreme review rog Super Alloy Power TOP unboxing video watercooling World Record YouTube