- Graphics Cards
- Peripherals & Accessories
- Why ROG?
- ROG PRO
- About ROG
Ed- Originally written by Raja in ASUS North America, this is currently one of the most popular threads in our Rampage forum. If you’ve just bought a new ROG X79 board and want to get up and running quickly, this OC guide will certainly help!
Easy Overclocking Guide
This guide is aimed at beginners who wish to set up the R4E with a manual overclock rather than use the preset profiles. We’re going to identify the key settings to get you up and running.
- Enter UEFI (BIOS) and navigate to the Ai Tweaker Menu:
- Set Ai Overclock Tuner to Manual
- Set the desired core ratio (multiplier) for the CPU. We recommend 43~45X depending upon your cooling.
- Set memory frequency to the specified speed of your memory modules (assuming they are 1.5V).
Then simply press F10 and save and exit UEFI.
This will get you up and running quickly. After this you may with to run a stress test to check the system is stable before you begin tweaking voltages.
The only voltages you may wish to change manually are CPU Vcore, DRAM Voltage and VCCSA. There are two ways of changing Vcore, the first is Manual mode, which allows you to set a static voltage that does not change with processor frequency. The second and more desireable operating mode is Offset Mode, for which we have a guide here:
We recommend that you stay under 1.40Vcore for long term use, and most CPUs should give you 4.3GHz quite happily under that level of voltage.
For further tuning information on voltages and memory timings please refer to the UEFI Guide for Overclocking here:
Source: ASUS ROG Forums
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Learn To DIY
Want to learn how to best build your own PC? Download or read our free guide right here!
ROG Forum Hot Threads
Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Protest OS support! We Pay No SAY? BS!!!!
- Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Prote...
16:12:58 17 May, 2013 · 73 replie(s)
- A word of warning regarding GEN3 su...
15:31:53 4 May, 2013 · 56 replie(s)
- PC Fails to POST after swapping GPU...
09:09:29 8 May, 2013 · 55 replie(s)
- Cant get RAID0 working, Drivers won...
14:27:23 4 May, 2013 · 55 replie(s)
- Maximus V Extreme: CPU just got rea...
03:22:07 4 May, 2013 · 47 replie(s)
- ASUS Z87 Motherboards Unveiled
15:25:40 4 May, 2013 · 46 replie(s)
- Freezes on Windows 7 with ASUS Cros...
09:16:05 2 May, 2013 · 44 replie(s)
- Can't find video card in Windows
22:43:31 19 May, 2013 · 39 replie(s)
- AsusBacktracker Backup Factory Ima...
19:44:00 12 May, 2013 · 36 replie(s)
- Asus DCU II 7970 Top voltage totall...
20:17:26 9 May, 2013 · 36 replie(s)
- Maximus IV Extreme problems. Help Please
06:15:48 4 May, 2013 · 36 replie(s)
- Just Ordered A Refurbished G75VW-BH...
01:46:34 30 Apr, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- rampage will not boot
10:13:56 6 May, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- Newly Build System gets stuck on St...
12:49:48 23 Apr, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- Last desperate attempt to cool the ...
11:56:01 3 May, 2013 · 33 replie(s)
- Strange Memory Failure extreme iv
11:46:52 18 May, 2013 · 33 replie(s)
- Gamer Boyfriend-Girlfriend
19:15:53 27 Apr, 2013 · 32 replie(s)
- G74sx overheating, Nvidia kernel st...
11:14:08 7 May, 2013 · 30 replie(s)
- What are normal temperatures at idl...
19:17:17 24 Apr, 2013 · 30 replie(s)
- Wtf is up with this site???
05:29:17 19 May, 2013 · 30 replie(s)
[SIZE=2]I gave Asus support an ultimatum, two weeks for Win 7 suppo...By Arif013, in "General Discussion"A word of warning regarding GEN3 support and SB-E.
I've been working a lot on my work projects these last few days and...By Nodens, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"PC Fails to POST after swapping GPU's around
Hi All, Could someone kindly assist me with the following issue ...By Malachor, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Cant get RAID0 working, Drivers won't take.
I just installed my samsung 840 pros, set up the array with latest ...By Lynkdev, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Maximus V Extreme: CPU just got really hot and shut everything down!
Hello ROG, I just recently built a new desktop for the first tim...By ToddJW, in "Maximus Series Motherboards"ASUS Z87 Motherboards Unveiled
[url]http://wccftech.com/asus-z87-motherboards-unveiled-maximus-vi-...By kkn, in "General Discussion"Freezes on Windows 7 with ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z + AMD FX-8350
Hello, I have a big problem with my new system building. I us...By ibogee, in "Crosshair Series Motherboards"Can't find video card in Windows
Hello all!! I recently bought a maximus v formula board, but I a...By bigmen2007, in "Maximus Series Motherboards"AsusBacktracker Backup Factory Image Windows 8 G75VX
Hi. New in Asus Download. -Backup factory Image: Usb Device +14Gb ...By DvvDROG, in "G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks"Asus DCU II 7970 Top voltage totally unlocked - 2nd time by DJ_OXyGeNe_8
Before we did it with matrix bios, but now we'll not use Matrix bio...By DJ_OXyGeNe_8, in "Radeon Series Graphic Cards"Maximus IV Extreme problems. Help Please
Ok its a bit of a long one this. I just purchased a second hand Ex...By kPATm, in "Maximus Series Motherboards"Just Ordered A Refurbished G75VW-BHI7N07 From Newegg...
...And I'm hoping you kind folks (with much more knowledge than I) ...By SHADO, in "G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks"rampage will not boot
Hi, gotta problem. computer will not boot at all, no post, no fans,...By hohmann, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Newly Build System gets stuck on Starting Windows screen?
Hey everyone... ^_^ How r u all? Nice to meet u all... ^_^ Wel...By syaoran7li, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Last desperate attempt to cool the CPU by air!
Hi people, This is a modification,... since I have no other choi...By sandro c, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Strange Memory Failure extreme iv
Hallo, Im expiriencing very strange memory behavior. I get Bsod's...By kocy33, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Gamer Boyfriend-Girlfriend
How many of you here have Gamer partner... I haven't met gamer gir...By Pratham, in "General Discussion"G74sx overheating, Nvidia kernel stopped working, CPU idle temp 60.
Hi guys, just as the topic says. Well here is info, hope you can ...By Sttyx, in "Older G Series Notebooks"What are normal temperatures at idle/load/extreme load modes?
I have Ramapge IV Extreme, Core i7 3930k, Corsair Dominator GT CMT1...By Pratham, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Wtf is up with this site???
why do i now have to enter a password and a verification code every...By m.oreilly, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"
- Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Prote...
- Annnnnnd the new Maximus VI Gene! http://t.co/XV2quosy8G about 1 day ago
- TUF SABERTOOTH Z87 with Thermal Armor, TUF Fortifier, and Dust Defender. http://t.co/OcTeH7Kcrf about 2 days ago
- GRYPHON ARMOR KIT http://t.co/7Jrr0Vcd2N about 2 days ago
- TUF GRYPHON Z87 http://t.co/YVWc4tEQYs about 2 days ago
- The new Maximus VI Extreme. Full details coming soon! http://t.co/2Vwn5SHQQN about 3 days ago
- http://t.co/1OoRwZXwHM about 4 days ago