- Graphics Cards
- Peripherals & Accessories
- Why ROG?
- ROG PRO
- About ROG
PAGE: 1 2
Folding@Home is a distributed computing project that donates your CPU and GPU cycles to discovering the ins and outs of protein folding (literally how they twist and shape) in the body. Protein folding is linked to disease, such as Alzheimer’s, ALS, Huntington’s, Parkinson’s disease, and many Cancers. By adding your spare CPU and GPU cycles to this project, you can join thousands of others in attempting to crack the biological code and help fight diseases.
Instead of being just a monotonous task of running a hidden program in the background, Folding@Home is a competitive adventure against many other teams, with names you’ll recognize across the tech industry. Since the ROG ethos is aspiring to win, we have our own team which we’d love you to join: #183368. Come fight against other teams to reach the top spot then join the discussion with other Team ROG members in our Folding Forum.
WARNING: Keep in mind both the CPU and GPU based programs will greatly tax your system. Please keep a close eye on your system temperatures while Folding, as the heat will build up in a poorly ventilated case. These programs are automatically configured to be run in the background without affecting performance much, but you will likely notice performance decreases while gaming, so ASUS does not recommend running these programs during gaming or other heavy-load scenarios. If you find your system becomes unstable or too hot, stop Folding immediately.
How to setup Folding@Home
1. Firstly register your unique PASSKEY: HERE
You will need this passkey when you login the control panel below.
Running Folding@Home on your GPU
2. Download the GPU2 or GPU3 Client for Windows: HERE
- If you own a NVIDIA card, it must be compatible with CUDA (DirectX 10/11), so the 8, 9, 200, (300M), 400, 500 and future series are all compatible (a list is available to check if your card is compatible, including the GeForce, Tesla and Quadro lines).
- If you own and AMD card, it must be compatible with Stream processing, so 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 or 7000 series, or newer (eventually) will be supported. For more information see here.
- Use the GPU2 (second generation) or GPU3 (third generation) client. Try both, test your PPD.
- Grab the latest official driver from the Nvidia or AMD website. Use the latest version unless there is a compelling reason to use a different one. To update the driver, as always we suggest that you uninstall the old driver, reboot, then install the new driver (selecting ‘clean install’ where possible).
- For further general information check here. http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinGPUGuide
How to install the GPU client and join the ASUS Republic of Gamers Folding@Home Team!
Once the file is downloaded, double click on the .msi file as you would any other program.
You will be greeted by the following screen:
Click next, agree to the terms and conditions, and so on until it is installing:
It only takes a few moments to install, once it’s complete click close to exit the install program:
You will find the program in your start menu under Programs > Folding@Home and Folding@Home-GPU. The first time you run the program, you will select a user name and the team number (the one you made in Part 1 above). This attributes all the scores to your personal profile, so you can track your progress and team ranking. Remember it’s important to type in team 183368 to join ASUS Republic of Gamers Folding Team:
When you click OK, a new icon will appear in your task manager (normally in the lower-right of your creen by the clock). You are now Folding@Home with ASUS Republic of Gamers! If you want to see a graphical representation of your work, right click on the icon and click display.
How it should look on your desktop:
The next page details how to run Folding@Home on your CPU…
PAGE: 1 2
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Learn To DIY
Want to learn how to best build your own PC? Download or read our free guide right here!
ROG Forum Hot Threads
[Vote Here!] 2013 ROG Desktop Wallpaper Competition!
- [Vote Here!] 2013 ROG Desktop Wallp...
08:34:57 10 May, 2013 · 97 replie(s)
- Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Prote...
16:12:58 17 May, 2013 · 61 replie(s)
- A word of warning regarding GEN3 su...
15:31:53 4 May, 2013 · 56 replie(s)
- Cant get RAID0 working, Drivers won...
14:27:23 4 May, 2013 · 55 replie(s)
- PC Fails to POST after swapping GPU...
09:09:29 8 May, 2013 · 55 replie(s)
- Do you guys install the Intel Rapid...
04:11:49 22 Apr, 2013 · 47 replie(s)
- Freezes on Windows 7 with ASUS Cros...
09:16:05 2 May, 2013 · 44 replie(s)
- ASUS Z87 Motherboards Unveiled
15:25:40 4 May, 2013 · 43 replie(s)
- Maximus V Extreme: CPU just got rea...
03:22:07 4 May, 2013 · 42 replie(s)
- Asus DCU II 7970 Top voltage totall...
20:17:26 9 May, 2013 · 36 replie(s)
- Maximus IV Extreme problems. Help Please
06:15:48 4 May, 2013 · 36 replie(s)
- rampage will not boot
10:13:56 6 May, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- Just Ordered A Refurbished G75VW-BH...
01:46:34 30 Apr, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- Newly Build System gets stuck on St...
12:49:48 23 Apr, 2013 · 34 replie(s)
- AsusBacktracker Backup Factory Ima...
19:44:00 12 May, 2013 · 33 replie(s)
- Gamer Boyfriend-Girlfriend
19:15:53 27 Apr, 2013 · 32 replie(s)
- Strange Memory Failure extreme iv
11:46:52 18 May, 2013 · 32 replie(s)
- Last desperate attempt to cool the ...
11:56:01 3 May, 2013 · 30 replie(s)
- What are normal temperatures at idl...
19:17:17 24 Apr, 2013 · 30 replie(s)
- New bios 4004
17:09:36 14 May, 2013 · 30 replie(s)
[img]http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/R4E-Vote.jpg[/i...By MarshallR@ASUS, in "ROG Events and Competitions"Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Protest OS support! We Pay No SAY? BS!!!!
[SIZE=2]I gave Asus support an ultimatum, two weeks for Win 7 suppo...By Arif013, in "General Discussion"A word of warning regarding GEN3 support and SB-E.
I've been working a lot on my work projects these last few days and...By Nodens, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Cant get RAID0 working, Drivers won't take.
I just installed my samsung 840 pros, set up the array with latest ...By Lynkdev, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"PC Fails to POST after swapping GPU's around
Hi All, Could someone kindly assist me with the following issue ...By Malachor, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"Do you guys install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver?
Forget about RAID, I noticed that BNaughty doesn't have the IRST in...By Matrix Leader, in "G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks"Freezes on Windows 7 with ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z + AMD FX-8350
Hello, I have a big problem with my new system building. I us...By ibogee, in "Crosshair Series Motherboards"ASUS Z87 Motherboards Unveiled
[url]http://wccftech.com/asus-z87-motherboards-unveiled-maximus-vi-...By kkn, in "General Discussion"Maximus V Extreme: CPU just got really hot and shut everything down!
Hello ROG, I just recently built a new desktop for the first tim...By ToddJW, in "Maximus Series Motherboards"Asus DCU II 7970 Top voltage totally unlocked - 2nd time by DJ_OXyGeNe_8
Before we did it with matrix bios, but now we'll not use Matrix bio...By DJ_OXyGeNe_8, in "Radeon Series Graphic Cards"Maximus IV Extreme problems. Help Please
Ok its a bit of a long one this. I just purchased a second hand Ex...By kPATm, in "Maximus Series Motherboards"rampage will not boot
Hi, gotta problem. computer will not boot at all, no post, no fans,...By hohmann, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Just Ordered A Refurbished G75VW-BHI7N07 From Newegg...
...And I'm hoping you kind folks (with much more knowledge than I) ...By SHADO, in "G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks"Newly Build System gets stuck on Starting Windows screen?
Hey everyone... ^_^ How r u all? Nice to meet u all... ^_^ Wel...By syaoran7li, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"AsusBacktracker Backup Factory Image Windows 8 G75VX
Hi. New in Asus Download. -Backup factory Image: Usb Device +14Gb ...By DvvDROG, in "G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks"Gamer Boyfriend-Girlfriend
How many of you here have Gamer partner... I haven't met gamer gir...By Pratham, in "General Discussion"Strange Memory Failure extreme iv
Hallo, Im expiriencing very strange memory behavior. I get Bsod's...By kocy33, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"Last desperate attempt to cool the CPU by air!
Hi people, This is a modification,... since I have no other choi...By sandro c, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"What are normal temperatures at idle/load/extreme load modes?
I have Ramapge IV Extreme, Core i7 3930k, Corsair Dominator GT CMT1...By Pratham, in "General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking"New bios 4004
There is a New bios 4004 and there is this : Rampage IV Extreme ...By MMXMMX, in "Rampage Series Motherboards"
- [Vote Here!] 2013 ROG Desktop Wallp...
- The new Maximus VI Extreme. Full details coming soon! http://t.co/2Vwn5SHQQN about 6 hours ago
- http://t.co/1OoRwZXwHM about 1 day ago
- PewPewPew! It’s time to shoot some aliens and win! http://t.co/WUYT1nSZWy http://t.co/dvW3wiwLLk about 2 days ago
- Enough of the "cute" term. How about this? Mother of all mod by L3p! Full build log over here:... http://t.co/81cb12eJHL about 3 days ago
- Though not exactly ROG.. but this router is soooo cute! http://t.co/WCTsyJxcAE about 5 days ago
- Heads up ROGers! Reminder: ROG Video Competition http://t.co/7r5sjPvKY7 about 6 days ago