PDA

View Full Version : um what on earth is this

Austin
02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
ok i went to dim my computer screen and i saw this as one of the plans 6083
what on earth is it

PILGRIM
02-16-2012, 12:59 PM
According to our good friend, Google, it's in Turkish.
1. "Oyun Kipi Guc Plani": "Gaming Mode Power Plan"
2. "Oyun Guclendirici guc plani oyun kipine gecince etkinlesir":
"Empowering Power Plan when I moved the game is enabled game mode"

Is your OS original language in Turkish?..:p

BrodyBoy
02-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Wow....this is really bizarre if his OS isn't Turkish!

Austin
02-17-2012, 02:00 AM
mayby its game booster but there is already an english gambooster plan

ColonelS
02-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Im like giving that shocking "meme" face when i saw this thread.

weird im sure your OS is in english right?

Austin
02-17-2012, 02:30 AM
its had alot of work done on it but i purchased it from a best buy in the us non of the problems were caused by me
hard drive replaced
os replaced

ColonelS
02-17-2012, 02:48 AM
"work done on it"

Im guessing you did a full fresh install since you got the hard drive replaced.

Try checking in your control panel > Region and languages > check if all formats / display language are in english

Austin
02-17-2012, 02:55 AM
everything looks to be English i did recently have advanced system care from iobit on my computer but deleted it because it messed a frends computer up could that be why?

MarshallR@ASUS
02-17-2012, 03:36 AM
its had alot of work done on it but i purchased it from a best buy in the us non of the problems were caused by me
hard drive replaced
os replaced
Who replaced them?

n1ghtl1fe
02-17-2012, 05:09 AM
i had the same reaction when i was fixing up my buddies laptop so he could get some decent fps in LoL. He installed some game booster program and it installed those options. id see if you have any third party software that could have installed it

ColonelS
02-17-2012, 05:35 AM
seems like iobit messed up your registry.

PILGRIM
02-17-2012, 05:43 AM
mayby its game booster but there is already an english gambooster plan

i had the same reaction when i was fixing up my buddies laptop so he could get some decent fps in LoL. He installed some game booster program and it installed those options. id see if you have any third party software that could have installed it

Some peripheral programs have language options and they auto-detect and install said programs
according to the OS original language, if you don't configure them to your preferred language.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (Chinese Language) but I changed it into English.
So I do language configurations in some instances, because some programs auto-detect
my OS original language..

IMO, it certainly isn't Game Booster in Advanced SystemCare 5 (I use the ASC 5).
The Game Booster (or the ASC 5) doesn't have options of changing power plans..

Austin
02-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Who replaced them?

Best buy thats were i bought this lap top but now that i think of it i think it may have been game booster or advanced system care is it safe to delete the plan?

Anjelus
02-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey all I just got noticed this exact same thing in my Power Options. I previously had Game Booster 3 and Advanced System Care 5 Pro installed on my rig. Found this thread after googling this problem.

I've uninstalled both but the "Oyun kipi" thing still persists. Anyone know how I can get rid of it?

chrsplmr
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Every thing is going Global these days ... maybe it migrated..hehehehee ...

this happens .. either we miss the version label ... or a drop down somewhere ...
sounds like fun to me... hahahaha...
what if every program opened in a different lanuage but your own ... and never the
same twice .... oh yea... that would probably be a virus .. haha...

short of a fresh install .. or some deep digging where you probably shouldnt ...
if it is set correct for you ... then .. what harm ?
you can always put a lappy next to you and match boxes ... cheater.c.