PDA

View Full Version : 7950-Black Screens When Gaming

MrFantaztik
02-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Hi I recently purchased an Asus 7950. At first everything was working well. I was able to run Heaven Benchmark and play games with no problems. Now when I try to run Heaven or play games my screen goes blank. I have tried just about everything from checking the cables, upping the voltage, etc. I don't know if it could be software/hardware problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TY.

MrFantaztik
02-20-2012, 03:02 AM
Forgot to mention my comp.

HAF X
Asus 7950
Intel 2600
Seasonic 860W Platinum
Intel SSD 520 Cherryville(120)
WD 1.5TB
ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Corsair Vengeance 8G

Mummy
02-23-2012, 03:44 PM
I run main with these 12.2 Pre-Certified Driver (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/catalyst122precertifieddriver.aspx), from AMD. Have you tryed those.

Note, if you try. Firsth uninstall all drivers on catalyst manager and then after reboot with mickrosoft VGA drivers you can install these.
Mainly because all HD79x0 -series drivers are under testing/ beta, even the ones that come with box and so all new drivers needs clean install.

Edit: Do yu have GPU Tweak installed? (or other overclocking tool) ...also uninstall it before installing new drivers. You can install it back when you have find reason for this.

MrFantaztik
02-24-2012, 08:59 AM
I run main with these 12.2 Pre-Certified Driver (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/catalyst122precertifieddriver.aspx), from AMD. Have you tryed those.

Note, if you try. Firsth uninstall all drivers on catalyst manager and then after reboot with mickrosoft VGA drivers you can install these.
Mainly because all HD79x0 -series drivers are under testing/ beta, even the ones that come with box and so all new drivers needs clean install.

Edit: Do yu have GPU Tweak installed? (or other overclocking tool) ...also uninstall it before installing new drivers. You can install it back when you have find reason for this.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I redid the drivers and everything. Everything is fine now. TY.

Mummy
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
NP. Be wellcome to ROG Forum :cool: