PDA

View Full Version : How to make keyboard wotk with OC KEY?

Rassal
04-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi,

Well, title says it all... i tried all kinds of keyboards, i am now on my oldest USB keyboard, which is an 0ver 10 years old Logitech Elite wired keyboard...

I flashed the OC KEY with firmware 1003... and rebooted my PC with a cold reboot... if i press the ROG connect for 3 seconds, the OC KEY OSD displays... but i am unable to control the menu with any keybord i throw at it... am i doing something wrong?

You are supposed to plug in the keyboard in the OC KEY usb port right? And once you press the ROG Connect button for 3 sec, you get the menu, you are then supposed to fast press the button to get the keyboard to work with the OC KEY, and another press to give keyboard back to windows?

Am i doing something good or wrong here? I tried all keyboards i got at hand... wired or wireless, with usb hub inside them or not... just can't find a keyboard that seems to work with this thing...

HELP!

HiVizMan
04-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Out of interest, do you have a keyboard connected to your IN/OUT panel?

What you can do is have one keyboard for the OS (the one connected to the IN/OUT panel) and one just for the OC Key (Keyboard connected to the OC Key)

smokeintheeye
04-05-2012, 08:01 PM
you need a ps2 keyboard for oc key and usb for os.

Metaltoby
04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
controling the OC key with the ps2 KB is that the only way or can you also controle the OC Key with the USB KB like HiVizman said. Connecting the G15 Keyboard (USB) to the OC Key doesn't do it for me.

Shamino
04-16-2012, 06:09 PM
if using usb keyboard plug into the white usb port

Metaltoby
04-16-2012, 06:48 PM
That doens't work on my machine. I only can read the OSD. Could it be a software problem(rog connect)?

GuzMonster
04-16-2012, 07:05 PM
I've read usb keyboard with usb hub does not work such as g-series from logitech.

Metaltoby
04-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I will try another KB tomorrow. I hope it will work!

Thnx

Xtreme-Performance
04-17-2012, 05:03 AM
I also have logitech... Logitech keyboard and logitech mouse... I believe keyboard is usb and in/out is mouse... it works great for me no problemo at all... Actually I purchased it from ibuypower.com from my previous PC P5N-D asus motherboard... That's why I wanted a ASUS motherboard cos I was impressed with overclocking with P5N-D I just had problem from a local company bestbuy... gave me a 850W PSU... I couldn't overclock the dam thing because they never seen a desktop like NZXT case before... I was like dam... these people never seen a product like P5N-D... I must be living in a backwater stoneage... and I purchased P5N-D back in 2006-2007... and brought it in bestbuy supergeek in 2009 cos my PSU failed and need replacement...

Metaltoby
04-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Nevertheles the OC key still doesn't do what it's made for. I only can read the intel but controling with my keyboard isn't working.

Sofyan88
04-30-2012, 10:04 AM
just plug your usb keyboard to White USB port on the backpanel (also known as ROG Connect).

HiVizMan
04-30-2012, 10:25 AM
That is good advice. Much appreciated how users help each other here on the ROG forums.

Great effort to all.

feniks
09-25-2012, 02:26 AM
sorry to resurrect, but I need some clarification here ... so one needs 2 keyboards to make it work? one for windows and other for OC Key?

I have only 1 usb keyboard (Logitech K120 USB) connected to USB 2.0 port ... doesn't pressing the combination CTRL+\ makes it accesible to OC Key (not that it does for me he he)?
or I need the USB port on OC Key connected to white USB port so it can get the KB input form there (once toggled via fast press of button or combination)?

Also, lastly, how do you update firmware on OC Key? where do you get the updater from?

I am running Asus Maximus V Extreme here which came with a ROG OC key (works in read-only mode for me).

HiVizMan
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
No worries about the necro thread. :)

You do not need two keyboards. You can work the OC with one. You simply need to switch between modes for the single keyboard to cycle between OS and OC key.

Two keyboards works best based on my experiences. That way for a cost of a few $ for a cheapo USB keybard I was able to use the key without needed to cycle between OS and key and then back again each time.

Firmware should be on the support page for the MVE, is it not there? If so I will get it for you and upload.

feniks
09-25-2012, 04:34 PM
thanks HiVizMan :)

thing is that I cannot switch my cheap USB keyboard between Windows and OC Key. Nothing happens when I hit the combination (notification Icon flashes, but keyboard doesn't get assigned to OC Key). do I need to have the USB port on the key hooked up to some USB in rear panel or maybe the special white USB port?

Those software key combinations are coming from the app control panel for ROG OC Key (ROG Connect Plus V1.00.15 - which I have installed from ASUS support download page), e.g. defaults are:
a) press CTRL+BACKSPACE to enable/disable to OC Key OSD (this works perfectly fine)
b) press CTRL+\ to switch the keyboard between Windows and OC Key (combination works, but OC Key still cannot use my keyboard)

I believe you are right saying that having another cheap keyboard would solve the issue ... but I don't want to clutter the space around my system hehe, so will keep trying to make it work with a keybrd I have here (Logitech K120)

anyways, I checked ASUS support pages and there is no ROC OC Key f/w updater over there as far as I can see, checked those 2 pages:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_V_Extreme/#download
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=MAXIMUS+V+EXTREME&p=1&s=39

and also googled some more, but I can't seem to find an official updater on ASUS website.

HiVizMan
09-26-2012, 08:34 AM
For me to toggle my keyboard as active I have to use a jumper on my motherboard RIVE. Have not used the MIVE OC as yet.

feniks
09-26-2012, 03:30 PM
I contacted ASUS support and they say to re-install the latest ROG OC Key Plus software ... hmmm, will see about that after work.