PDA

View Full Version : HDMI port not working on Asus G75vw.

Here4Help
06-11-2012, 08:42 AM
I recently bought my Asus G75vw and I cannot get my HDMI port to work with my HDTV. When I plug the HDMI port to my PC nothing happens. I've tried muliple times without any luck. My old PC works fine with my HDTV, but not this.

My graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GTX 670M.

Help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot figure out why a new computer would come with such a problem.

Wolffie80
06-11-2012, 08:55 AM
What have you tryed doing?
Should pop up in settings.
If you right click ur desktop and go trough properties? nothing shows?

Here4Help
06-11-2012, 09:05 AM
What have you tryed doing?
Should pop up in settings.
If you right click ur desktop and go trough properties? nothing shows?

I tried 3 different HDMI cables but no luck. Nothing happens when I plug it in at all, not even a notification. Do you think it's a driver issue? No new drivers for GTX 670M yet.

My TV is about 4 years old, I was thinking that maybe it doesn't support recent graphic cards.

Cecil_2099
06-11-2012, 09:10 AM
The age of your TV shouldn't have anything to do with it. I have a 5-year old Philips LCD TV and it works fine with my G75 (GTX 660M). Have you tried cycling through the presentation modes (fn+f8 keys) to see if that works?

Here4Help
06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
The age of your TV shouldn't have anything to do with it. I have a 5-year old Philips LCD TV and it works fine with my G75 (GTX 660M). Have you tried cycling through the presentation modes (fn+f8 keys) to see if that works?

Yes, I tried cycling presentation modes but still nothing. I can't figure it out. I've searched for similar problems but nothing. I tried troubleshooting it for an hour with no luck. My other two PCs work fine exept this.

Here4Help
06-11-2012, 09:28 AM
The worst part is that it dosen't even recognize that I've plugged the cable at all, no notifications or sound.

Wolffie80
06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
But when u plugged the tv in. And look at properties menu. Does the tv even show as screen #2?
Are ur gpu drivers up to date?

Here4Help
06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
But when u plugged the tv in. And look at properties menu. Does the tv even show as screen #2?
Are ur gpu drivers up to date?

No, nothing shows up, I have Geforce GTX 670M driver version 296.44. No updates are available for this card at all. Even at the Nvidia site.

Wolffie80
06-11-2012, 10:05 AM
I have the same laptop and same gpu. Should be no problem.. mine hdmi workes fine with same driver. tryed another cable?
Have you tryed looking trough the Nvidia menu as well?

*sorry. just saw you have tryed 3 cables..*

Then i am sorry, i have no clue.
Might have to bring it back for a closer look. Might be defect hdmi imput.. (?)

JednaPiroga
06-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Not to scare you, but I have had the same problem with my G53SX later on the GPU broke on me.
Try to start the laptop with the HDMI connected to it and tv turned ON.

Here4Help
06-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Not to scare you, but I have had the same problem with my G53SX later on the GPU broke on me.
Try to start the laptop with the HDMI connected to it and tv turned ON.

Your method works oddly enough, thanks. Now for the part were you said your GPU broke... Should I be worried?

Here4Help
06-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Since you've faced this problem before, is there anything you can suggest? It would be greatly appreciated. I may still be able to return this unit. Now I am worried, lol...

JednaPiroga
06-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Im glad it worked, well my problem started with like greenish pixels showing up everywhere on the screen, just like with old tv's that lost the analog tv signal. But Im not sure it had to do anything with the HDMI, just saying that it showed up at the same time.

Wait and see, do you get any other problems then you should return it to asus for repair, if its just the HDMI then I dont really know what to adwise you. Mine sometimes worked flawlesly and other times I was forced to restart the pc with the cable conected.

Here4Help
06-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Im glad it worked, well my problem started with like greenish pixels showing up everywhere on the screen, just like with old tv's that lost the analog tv signal. But Im not sure it had to do anything with the HDMI, just saying that it showed up at the same time.

Wait and see, do you get any other problems then you should return it to asus for repair, if its just the HDMI then I dont really know what to adwise you. Mine sometimes worked flawlesly and other times I was forced to restart the pc with the cable conected.

It's a hardware issue, the graphic card/HDMI port only recognizes that the cable is connected during start up. Once the cable is removed, the computer needs to be restarted for the graphics card to realize that the cable has been removed.

Secondly, I have a annoying flickering problem in low brightness on gray and dark backgrounds. I am off to the store today, wish me luck.

JednaPiroga
06-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Ok, good that you have indentified the problem. Hopefully you get it fixed asap :)

Wolffie80
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Yes good luck m8 :)

ElChanO809
02-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Am having the same problem . The solution is that u need to download the Nvidia driver from Asus Support. And reinstall the the nvidia driver. This is a pain in the ass issue.