PDA

View Full Version : ASUS MATRIX 5870 Platinum Unable to update VBIOS

KNFrZero
03-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Hi

I have 2 5870P's running crossfire. I recently tried to update my VBIOS due to some problems I was having and this action was recommended to another. I managed to get one of them to take the flash but the other will not do so. It keeps telling me:

No valid Adapter could be found! Video BIOS not updated.

I removed the cards in order to update them one at a time. I am using the ATIWinflash MTP.rar file downloaded from ATI. Windows 7 64 OS.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

burnsmanjr89
04-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Hello,

I have the same card as you and had a tough time updating my bios as well with the rar file from the asus website. It flat out did the same thing as yours did so this is a non-crossfire issue. The only reason I wanted to fix this was because my itracker 2 program kept causing BSOD. Well I have an Asus p6t se motherboard and to update my bios, I used asus's auto updater application called asus_update that came with my motherboard. My card is the non-platinum so I only needed to update from the 808 bios version to the 908. This fixed my BSOD itracker 2 problem. I gave up on the winflash file , I believe it is a windows 7 64 bit issue.