PDA

View Full Version : AMD 7xxx series to be released this month, will there be an ROG AMD 7000?

dgehring13
12-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Everything I am reading seems like the AMD 7xxx Series is suppose to released sometime this month, does anyone know if there is an ROG card in the making for the 7xxx series? I am planning a build with the Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt and FX 8150 and would like to fill it out with 2 ROG 7xxx series cards. So any information would be helpful and appreciated.

xeromist
12-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't know the answer but I wanted to make sure that your posts don't go completely unacknowledged. We don't really get any more information on unreleased products than anywhere else on the Internet. The best we can hope for is a cryptic "something good is coming" type of comment. But rest assured, when ASUS is ready to talk about any new products they will announce it to the world.

dgehring13
12-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank you much for the response

mrnotu
12-03-2011, 12:37 AM
I don't know the answer but I wanted to make sure that your posts don't go completely unacknowledged. We don't really get any more information on unreleased products than anywhere else on the Internet. The best we can hope for is a cryptic "something good is coming" type of comment. But rest assured, when ASUS is ready to talk about any new products they will announce it to the world.

Too bad they would not let ASUS and AMD product owners know a little something first.

xeromist
12-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Too bad they would not let ASUS and AMD product owners know a little something first.

True, although it seems to be fairly standard practice industry wide(not just AMD and ASUS). That's not to say that it's right or wrong, but it's not unexpected.

To throw about some wild speculation, I wonder if they sometimes don't know themselves if or when a card will come out because they're not really sure what chip yields and or contracts will bring. I wonder if they might even sometimes design a card/board and basically have it ready for production and then cancel it when conditions aren't favorable.

Anyway, to bring it back to the original question, I have no doubt there will be an ROG card for the 7XXX series eventually because it would be stupid not to. It's just a question of when.

IndIa_RaMpAgEr^GodZ
12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Next Year IF u believe Google :)

GhostPerdition7
01-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Really hope there will be a 7000 series ROG card.
Also i would like to see it with a back plate, like the 570 matrix.
Aesthetics is very important, as is the performance.
Think i may keep saving, & hold off upgrading until one is released.

HiVizMan
01-11-2012, 12:55 PM
There will be a ROG 7 series graphic card I am sure. How it normally works is that the manufactures - the Red and Green team - send out the reference cards into the market first, initial release, these cards are all basically the same card with vendor specific branding and BIOS. Once that release has been completed then only do the partners have an opportunity to produce their own designs.

As soon as there is any news even unconfirmed rumours :D I will try and ensure that our forum get the scoop.

GhostPerdition7
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Many thanks, for the quick reply.

Spoony
01-12-2012, 12:53 PM
WE WANT AN ARES 2 :D

well i do anyway i had the 5870x2 asus ares and it was bangin till a gpu went pop and i never got it back and still miss it to this day :(

only have the mouse and case n box it came in left :( "sigh" wish i could get another

DangerClose
01-20-2012, 03:31 AM
I flashed the Asus bios to my Diamond 7970s! lol works perfectly! :D

GOR52
06-05-2012, 03:50 PM
There is a Matrix 7970 out there!!!