PDA

View Full Version : Crosshair III 790FX - sound not working

Bimi_uk
12-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Hello All

I am new in here and in hope you guys will help me out :(
I have Asus crosshair III 790FX motherboard and the SupremeFX X-Fi sound card.

However, I do not manage to fully install the sound card.
I tried the audio + utility from asus website but they do not work ...

I have windows 7 x64 bit
Anyone can help me?!

Thanks

Bimi_uk
12-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Plssssssssssssssssss guys :( help

This is what it shows when trying to install SoundMAX!

speed
01-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Never got that thing to work on my CHIII. I got a Asus Xonar and have had no further issues. The one that came with it IMO is a hunk of crap.

MarshallR@ASUS
01-04-2012, 05:45 AM
Does the board see the card plugged in in device manager?

360fusion
01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I had this problem with my Crosshair V Formula, and the X-Fi 2 MB. Solution was to reinstall drivers and utility from the motherboard disc. Install drivers first, reboot when it asks, then install utility. Might not work for you, but worth a shot.

Bimi_uk
01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I had this problem with my Crosshair V Formula, and the X-Fi 2 MB. Solution was to reinstall drivers and utility from the motherboard disc. Install drivers first, reboot when it asks, then install utility. Might not work for you, but worth a shot.

I run 64bit and the CD does not include the VIA AUDI DRIVERS!
When trying to install from the ASSU website, it wont install - see above erro print screen -

- DOES COMPUTER SEE THE CARD UNDER DEVICE MANAGER ?? =

No it does not ... not sure why the hell it doesnt!! It is a crap card I suppose.
Besides, I managed to get it working once but then I uninstalled it and wanetd to try different x1 slot lol

I am nt sure what I tried cos I tried alot of things from the internet.
It was a way of forcing the PC to install some drivers etc etc ...

----------------
1-forms ntinuni << was mistakenly copied from the image!!

Bimi_uk
01-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Look the Device Manager

Bimi_uk
01-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Cannot believe that this forum is full of techs
and users with same motherboard and yet cannot be bothered
to actually, make a backup of the same sound card on windows 7 64bit and
make it available to download for me .... shame!!!

Anyway, I forced the soundmax driver to be installed, see screen print:

Now the speaker icon appears on the task bar:

BUT there is no sound through my headphones :(

speed
01-08-2012, 02:17 AM
As I said before that card is a hunk of crap. Get a Xonar and your troubles are over. BTW don't get to demanding you might find that no one will help you then.

speed
01-08-2012, 02:21 AM
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Crosshair%20III%20Formula&p=1&s=24&os=30&hashedid=2Y4dQFaJ6gPN18cQ

Bimi_uk
01-08-2012, 03:43 PM
The link u provided
does nothing but the above errors!

not sure how many times I need to say it :)
Not demanding but just seeing that they chose easy way "buy new card" instead of solving!!

Anyway .... not much help!

speed
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
ok forget it then have fun fighting that crappy card. it is so funny that people ask for help and when you tell then the info they dont want to listen. oh well

DaemonCantor
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Well I know that the information was put up for the help but I'll try to sum it up....Yes your Sound Chip or card is bad, I would RMA it to get it fixed but if you don't want to wait to do that or it's too old for the warranty then by all means go out and spend $25 to $399 for the sound card you like and install it just remember to disable the sound in Bios or you can use the sound system or you can use Video card instead because it does have great sound also they have USB sound cards that you can plug in and get good sound. I hope that was clear enough to help...otherwise unless you clarify what your thinking and wanting we can't help and I'm sorry for that.

Bimi_uk
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Speed

Guessing, ur demanding to go to the link u provided!
I also guess u have NOT read my explanations fully ...

I already said, I downloaded the drivers from asus website
which is exactly the same link u gave ... and they do not work!

WHY?? because it gives that erros - see the print screen on 1st page.

Disable the sound !???
The issue is, everybody says "ahh u go into BIOS and it's there"
but thereeeeeeeeeeee is nooooooooooooooo SOUND to enable or disable at the Onboard devices section

Is this hard to understand????
To verify that it might be bad BIOS version, I downgraded to 1 below and even 2 below the latest version.
Still nooooo option about sound was available.

This is gettign pathetic, I explained myself loud and clear but some ppl skim through text
and then they claim "ahhh ur demanding" !!!

HiVizMan
01-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Maybe they just mean the enable plug and play option, and let the Win7 OS find the device.

People who have responded to your posts are not trying to wind you up Bimi_uk they actually do want your issue to be resolved. I know you are frustrated and you have every right to be. But lets not get tense with other uses who are voicing their suggestions.

The sound card that comes with the CHIII board is not very popular with many uses. The card has provided a fair number of problems in the past. That sentiment is what forum members are expressing.

If the card does not work then it is faulty. RMA the card or the whole board if you think the board is faulty. I will forward you the UK RMA contact details if you like.

Bimi_uk
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Hello Hiviz

It is not a new board, it was bought as used.
The seller claimed the sound card did work ... and matter of fact
I managed to get it working ONCE and never again!!!

Regards the PnP option in BIOS, it is as [YES] enabled.
Reason why I wanted to fix this is because buying another PCIe sound card is not cheap
and a PCI card wont fit due to my ASUS HD6870 g.card being a bit wide and wont have much
space for the card to be plugged into PCI slot.

So yeh, I am left with a USB - Audio Adapter.

HiVizMan
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I hear you mate - any chance you can get the person who you bought the board from to tell you how he/she got the sound card to work?

Failing that the only thing I would do if I wan in your shoes is back up my data and do a fresh install of the OS.

Download the latest drivers from the main support page and stick then on a USB stick (you have them all I am sure) and enable automatic windows update. Fire up your OS install and make sure your system is connected to the internet during your install.

Just let the system do its thing.

Install the basic chipset driver and then do the sound card.

I am sure you have tried this but humour me please.

Bimi_uk
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
yeh, indeed tried all that already :)

The person said "it took me a white till I figured it out how to install, but it works 100%"
Regards the drivers, (AUDIO Drivers) from the ASUS are SoundMax which does not install
and displays that error ... see print screen on the 1st page.

I even formated the O/S 2 days ago, just for the sake of the sound card.
Seriously ... im just :@ lol

HiVizMan
01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I can understand and I would be too.

Sell the board on ebay and get one that has a sound solution that works. :p

Just a thought.

Bimi_uk
01-09-2012, 07:14 PM
LOL

That is where I got it from anyway ;)

speed
01-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Speed

Guessing, ur demanding to go to the link u provided!
I also guess u have NOT read my explanations fully ...

I already said, I downloaded the drivers from asus website
which is exactly the same link u gave ... and they do not work!

WHY?? because it gives that erros - see the print screen on 1st page.

Disable the sound !???
The issue is, everybody says "ahh u go into BIOS and it's there"
but thereeeeeeeeeeee is nooooooooooooooo SOUND to enable or disable at the Onboard devices section

Is this hard to understand????
To verify that it might be bad BIOS version, I downgraded to 1 below and even 2 below the latest version.
Still nooooo option about sound was available.

This is gettign pathetic, I explained myself loud and clear but some ppl skim through text
and then they claim "ahhh ur demanding" !!!
once again dude that is a pos sound card and all the drivers in the world are not going to get it to work. get a newwwwwwwwwwww card. Thoseeeeeeee drivers from that link areeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the only drivers out if they dont work then nothing will. new xonar sound card = SOUND. oooooooooookkkkkkkkk. btw I'm not demanding you use those drivers I gave you a link to the only drivers I know. I could give a rats A$$ if you get your soundddddddddd workinggggggg or not now.

Bimi_uk
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
You need to chill out :)
Anyway, don;t worry .. it's all good.

Strangly, asus claims the FX Utility 1.0 does not require an Activation Code
even tho it clearly does ... guess even they do not know what they are talking about.

F** this :)