How to use ASUS ROG USB BIOS Flashback
How to use the ASUS Republic of Gamers USB BIOS flash back
The minimum hardware requirements for USB BIOS flash back is to have a Motherboard with ATX Power Supply on and plugged into the wall. You do not need to have a CPU, RAM, Graphics Card, or Hard Drive connected to the system.
The system does not need to be turned on or pass POST (Power On Self Test)
1. Acquire a USB Thumb Drive
2. Format the USB drive with a FAT32 file system
3. Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard and place the extracted ROM file on the USB drive
4. Be sure to rename your file according to the motherboard model. If you have an Rampage III extreme, rename the file to R3E. If you have a Maximus IV Extreme rename the file to M4E.
5. Place the USB drive into the ROG Connect USB Port
5. Hold the Rog connect button down for 5 seconds and an amber light near the BIOS chips will flash for several seconds and when flashing has stopped the BIOS has been successfully updated..
HiTechLegion Deno Video:
The BIOS Flashback help page has also been updated for CAP upgrades: