cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot Logo+Bluescreen issue

RoG1
Level 7
Hai guys;

After searching on the internet, i came out here & registerd myself:) So i've set up a whole knew AMD config after a breakdown of my G-force 8800 Gts (yes i know, it was the temptation...):cool: So after several problems of RAM compatibility:(, i've finaly get w7 installed(bios settings @800Mhz, with 1333Mhz he didn't install!)... Now with that solved, after i did an rma of the ram & changed it with Corsair 8 GB 1333Mhz (& model number from mobo manual...) i thought i finaly can do some enjoying of my new config, after booting @ 800Mhz (test..), i set the bios to 1333Mhz, rebooted en no problems so far...After installing some little game en playing it for 5 min, he gives me the blue screen with dumping memory:( (pulling my hair out, as i didn't believe it was another compatibility probleme..) The strange thing is that he didn't give me the error while playing a huger game like Nfs hp, so i don't understand...For now he's running stable again, but for how long?! Second probleme is my boot logo (witch i've saw only ones while testing the uncompatibily ram earlyer) He don't give me the logo of rog not after set it on in the bios etc..., but i'm quit sure i do something wrong here, so i need some help from an expert here:cool: I did build systems earlyer & i've never had sowemuch problems as now & i do love this board! Ok here are my settings & some pics, hope you guys can help me out here!

Mobo: You already know :cool:
Bios: Latest 502
Cpu: Amd Phenom II x6 1090T
Vga: Asus Matrix 5870
RAM: Corsair 8 GB 1333Mhz
HHD: 500 Gb(w7) & 1T(data) WD
Monitor: lg w2261v
Drives: Liteon bluray combo, samsung dvd/Rw
Driver upates of everything : Yes!

Pics (if you like):

http://img210.imageshack.us/i/img0116oq.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/i/img0122w.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/i/img0124w.jpg
17 REPLIES 17

Cerathalis
Level 7
Check the post I put into the BSOD thread, on using WinDBG to look at the memory dump. If it was stable during another game then hopefully its not a general issue like RAM timing / heat / power the junk that turns up under stress, the other game likely just made different calls so the drivers. Check what the call stack is, see what driver was involved and it may help narrow down whats going on.

If WinDBG is too much, check the system event log for Critical entries and see if it at least gives you a bugcheck code and go from there.

ok i've dl'd winDBG (never heard of it), but how do u use the memory check, i did check the topic, but i don't understand & clearly don't have much time to google..So there are several progs winDBG has installed.To be clear he doesn't give the memory dump always @ short times & yes the probleme shouldn't be that big beceaus i already did an rma from the ohter ram en this is the new one exact model for the mobo manual...& should be compatible! thnx for the help!

Cerathalis
Level 7
Ahh, If the system is able too the memory dump should be stored by default %SystemRoot%\ ( http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/set-windows-7s-memory-dump-file-location/ ). *Sometimes* the system may not be able to create a memory dump (usually its configuration like not enough page pool to hold the memory content etc, or sometimes a hardware based error where it just can not be completed.)

If you RMA'd a part and its not happening now cool, you can probably move on 🙂 otherwise I tried to explain a little bit below of what to look for etc. And memory check, is a seperate thing, this is instructions for a Memory Dump analysis or basic forensics on a crash. For something to test memory like RAM you would probably want to use http://www.memtest86.com/ (You burn a boot disk, boot into the tests.) Or you can grab something like http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ UMBCD has a memory test option.

---Checking out the .dmp ---

If you see the files in there you just open windbg ( usually found at c:\program files\debugging tools for windows ) start it, set the symbol path to the MS symbols or download them for your OS on msdn or the same area you got windbg and point the symbol path there ( I like http so it grabs what it needs / dump file ).

Then run .reload /f; !analyze -v :

It will spit out a wall of text - The junk under **** Bugcheck Analysis **** will be what your looking for, "Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp" (This is just an example)
and at the bottom it will do: "MODULE_NAME: ntkrnlmp" that gives you an idea of the faulting module. It might be a link in blue click it and get more info etc. So in that short example we know its a OS item ntkrnlmp so the next step would be to check for hotfixes / updates for the OS.

I hope that clears it up.

ok found the winDBG.exe opend it, but don't understand the "ms symbol" thing...I did some quick google & yes i've found some boot prog called "memtest86", maybe i'm gonna try that first later on the week & come back with the results:) It's realy strange you know, he didn't give me a blue screen now & runs smoothly for 3 hours now..., it happend last time while surfing to another website (pretty stupid) Yes like in my first post i did a rma from the first ram (geil 6 gb 1333Mhz), beceause it wasn't compatible! But now with the corsair 8 Gb he shouldn't give me the bluescreen @ any time! Also still thinking why he doesn't give me de rog boot logo @ the beginning, but first the bluescreen issue, i will let you know the code, whene i find it or whene he does it again ( i clicked it away last time) & i will let you know more info! thnx for the help so far, hope i will get a 100% stable system!

Retired
Not applicable
I don't know if it could help but maybe you should try MemOK! Are you satistied of this board? Because I will probably get one soon so I was wondering if it has gone stable since it's release.

RoG1
Level 7
i am satisfied, but i just got the bluescreen again :(! & this is the code! Hope someone can help me beceause, i was just surfing again :s!

roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2067

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000068
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF880044E5E60
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122110-28095-01.dmp
C:\Users\Lunatic\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-54381-0.sysdata.xml

Cerathalis
Level 7
Generic info on a d1:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.

It is probably a driver, but you would have to look at 122110-28095-01.dmp to find out.

RoG1
Level 7
ok many thnx for the info, i will check tommorow for the .dmp file, but i just can't menage to open it with winDBG... He says that i must open it with another tool :-? Don't understand it, but nice to here it is a driver probleme & not hardware related, beceause, that would make me realy cazy... I mean if you look @ my specs everything must be running like a rocket!

Cerathalis
Level 7
Its basically telling you a kernel level item stepped into memory it doesn't own. *Most* of the time that is just going to be a driver, there is the possibility of hardware but its way less than a software issue. If you can zip the file and post it I can take a peek in it, I can't promise I will find the root cause or have a fix but I may be able to point out a driver.

Sometimes you have to turn on debug items for tracing, like verifier etc to track this kind of stuff down and my debugging foo is not strong enough to track some things down.

-
Another choice is to use msconfig (start->run "msconfig") disable the non essential services and startup items and see if the system is stable. Then turn one item back on at a time test and repeat until you find it. Kind of a brute force way that works best when you have a set of actions to reproduce the issue, but it can still be handy.