cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time limit for using Turbo Boost?

Retired
Not applicable
Hi all.

Is there a time limit we should stick to when using the overclocking Turbo Boost button on these G73's? Or, pretty much use it as long as the system doesn't overheat?

Just curious even though I'd only use it during gaming sessions. I did not find any advice in the manual.

Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7

thereturnfc
Level 7
well for me i used it during the game or when im on heavy load...like recordings,etcs...but most time i keep it cool....if im just doing nothing that really consume alot of resources...
Just use HWmonitor from cpu-z to monitor your temp...so u get the idea of when your pc is on load or on lowprofile...
cheers,
ps. i just got mine g73jw on wednesday 😄 , so i might be wrongs....dont u have wifi problem?

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you! I will check-out those utilities. Received mine on Friday night - just getting used to it, too. 🙂

So far, no wifi problems. I bought the G73JW-XN1 from Newegg, if that makes any difference. You can't connect to wifi?

thereturnfc
Level 7
well it was driver issue, my wifi card wasnt Intel card, and driver that came in the laptop was version like 2. something, when i found on internet ,it went up to 9 something, but i found out that the stable one was 8 something, i have posted this recently on another topic

Retired
Not applicable
TBolt wrote:
Hi all.

Is there a time limit we should stick to when using the overclocking Turbo Boost button on these G73's? Or, pretty much use it as long as the system doesn't overheat?

Just curious even though I'd only use it during gaming sessions. I did not find any advice in the manual.

Thank you!

The Twin Turbo button and Turbo Boost are two different things actually. Turbo boost is Intel technology where the processor will automatically raise the clock speed on one or two cores when it detects one or two cores being used a lot, while the others are idle. This is useful for those games that don't take advantage of 4 CPU cores... This feature is completely automated by the CPU itself, and is completely safe. Just to clarify word meanings 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
rmse17 wrote:
The Twin Turbo button and Turbo Boost are two different things actually. Turbo boost is Intel technology where the processor will automatically raise the clock speed on one or two cores when it detects one or two cores being used a lot, while the others are idle. This is useful for those games that don't take advantage of 4 CPU cores... This feature is completely automated by the CPU itself, and is completely safe. Just to clarify word meanings 🙂

Thank you, rmse17! What, then, does the Twin Turbo mode button do if Intel's systems actually do the turbo boosting?

TBolt wrote:
Thank you, rmse17! What, then, does the Twin Turbo mode button do if Intel's systems actually do the turbo boosting?

The Twin Turbo is a ASUS Overclock of the Ram and bus , you can read about it. They both work together to help get the max out of your system.
I have both on most of the time, but if you see your system getting way to hot and not able to cool down then just turn the One off , the one that is the Intel is automatic and you really do not have to change anything with that.
But I have not had an issue with them both running in the last six Months of using this Notebook.
Now some say that the computer runs faster in some games with the ASUS tweak off , but I have not seen this yet and I have tried this both ways , on and off while gaming.
So just keep an eye on this and see what you think. But I would not worry about them both running.

Retired
Not applicable
Okay, thanks for the info guys. Happy holidays!