cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage iv extreme - bios 1101 - instability

Red_Jhon
Level 10
I started Battlefield 3, black screen after a few minutes ... The system crashed and I had to press the reset button to restart it. I raised my VCCSA to 1.18 and now it seems fine. I had another problem while restarting. My Logitech G19 not work in windows, I restarted the system and was stuck on code 99, after a few minutes threw me and said that the keyboard was not present. In windows I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable and the keyboard worked again.

Fix instability of mobo please!
25 REPLIES 25

HiVizMan
Level 40
Maybe it is your overclock that is unstable my friend. 😛

But I did find I have better stability with bios 1005 than 1101. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

For the crash of Battlefield 3 is possible that there is some value in the bios to be retouched, but for the Logitech G19 I do not think a problem of OC. The keyboard must also be recognized in OC!

HiVizMan
Level 40
All things are connected on a motherboard and often the USB port will fall away when a overclock is unstable. Not suggesting that is the case with your system but always worth having an open mind about these things, yeah.

What can happen is after recovering from the crash there is still some corruption of drivers present, when you removed and reseated the USB connector you forced a driver to re-initialise the USB port.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I certainly know that it may be possible ... In your opinion, and 4.6Ghz for SLI GTX580 these parameters are good?

- Vcore 1:34
- VTT 1.15
- 1,070 VTT2
- VCCSA 1.18
- PLL 1.50
- PCH 1.11

UltraNEO_
Level 11
I find logitech keyboards and mice work better without the actual logitech drivers... perhaps you should try it??
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

HiVizMan
Level 40
That looks all good. I like to have my VTT just a little higher but I do not have a very good IMC on my CPU.
Because of that I prefer to manually set my ram profile timings and voltages in the BIOS and not rely on the XMP, found that by increasing my ram voltage by one notch on each channel stability was greatly improved all round. Also I use tweak 1 for my ram.

In the Dram section do you set to Tweak 1?

With the two cards I would set Gen 2 for the PCIe not needed but I like to leave very little to chance.

As to logitech drivers I have a similar keyboard and mouse from them and I do not use the drivers that come with the product and block Win Auto update from installing them.

Thanks! I brought the VTT to 1.16 .... So I must set VGA GEN2 instead of GEN3? As for the Rams I used the XMP profile and I set the ram MODE1. In MODE 2, the board will not start.

New Paramters:

Vcore: 1.34
VTT: 1.15625
VTT2: 1.070
VCCSA: 1.185
RAM: 1.66 (X2)
PCH: 1.12

HiVizMan
Level 40
I like that.

See how it goes and I hope you post again and this time let it be just to say hello and how it is going without there being any problems.

Ciao 🙂

I set the bios to GEN2 PCI.EXPRESS but again when you restart the keyboard does not work! But the mouse (USB) work well. I rebooted PC and motheboard is blocked to code 99. After 2 minutes the motherboard boot, but appear on the screen "NO KEYBOARD". When I got to Windows, I disconnected and reconnected the keyboard and it works. --_--''