cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme, can't switch to SLI mode :(

effendi360
Level 7
Hello all. I have HUGE problem with my M4E. Whatewer I do I can't switch to SLI mode my 570's.
Bios is on default. NO OC. When I turn computer on I can see both cards in device manager, but as soon I'll try to switch on SLI mode in NV manager one of them gets "!" mark and sli mode goes back to "disabled". I've just done clean install of windows and drivers, I have everithing connected popelly. What is the issu here ? I beg for some help...
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you take a photo of your motherboards PCie slots near the front edge of the motherboard please.

This part of the board.

To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yes my friend but U want the photo with cards installed or not ?

Ahhh ok, give me few minutes.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No cards sorry I should have said that. I need to see the PCB area in front of the PCIe slot - thanks
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

OK my friend I hope this will work for U. I'm just loosing patience. Few days ago I was running both of them on P55 EVGA - everything was fine. Both cards separately are runing just fine as well.

Right lets go through the check list.

If you could please replace both cards in the slots you were using, Slot #1 and slot #2
Ensure the PCIe toggles next to the Power and reset button are enabled.
Ensure that your power connectors to the graphic cards are firmly seated.
Clean the SLi fingers on each card. Make sure there is no dirt or any oils on the contacts.
Push the SLi bridge onto the SLi fingers. Firmly holding the card at the back make sure the bridge is fully pressed on.

Power up go into BIOS.

F5 - enter
F10 enter

Pleaser report back what the result is.

OK I did what U said. I have cards in slot 1 and 2. And again 😕 after turning windows on it discovered second card, and automatic installation begun. After while I can see both of my 570's in device manager, no problem, no issues. I went to NV manager to switch SLI ON. Imidietly when I did that resolution from 1080p switched back to very low resolution and "!" sing next to one of the cards appeard. After a while it goes back to NV manager and SLI is still on "disable" and low resolution stays on the screen.

Any clues ?

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good give me a few minutes to do a compare and then we will problem solve. And I hope to a successful out come.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hmm ok. What BIOS are you running on your motherboard?

And do you have another SLi bridge to try.

I've updated bios to 2105 i think it was the lastes from asus site.
With SLI connector... I have tried the one witch I get with mobo - single one, and comuter came out with info that there is no SLI bridge, I got one from EVGA witch I was using till now, I can try wit the big one from mobo box the tri way SLI one.

No matter in witch slot I put one card, I have no issues with it. I just can't get them towork together witch is very bad for me.