cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save bios settings and load settings after bios update ?

gallovex
Level 7
Hi guys.
This is my second thread about Crosshair V Forumula. I must say that I'm very pleased with it.
So, my current version of BIOS is 0903 (updated from stock 0813).
I have in plan updating the BIOS to 1102 version.
Before doing that i want to know if:
1. my current bios settings can be saved to a file ?
2. after updating bios it is possible to load the saved bios settings file to the new bios version ?
Which are the steps to do that ?
Hope for an answer and help.
Thanks.
kr!s
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
1. No
2. No

That was simple.

When you flash bios you can not save the settings because the settings are specific to a particular bios. And for that reason you can not transfer the settings. 9/10 times most people do not make extreme changes, but a BIOS will often determine how ram works. So a setting configuration that worked with one BIOS might be unstable with another.

Hope that answers your question.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

thank your for your reply. so, i'll have to browse all my bios for settings and write them down on a paper.
my settings are related to lan stability. remember those BSOD because of bad intel driver ?
back then I found a topic about some specific settings that makes LAN stable and not cause the BSOD,
but i can't find that topic anymore and i don't remember the changes.
anyway, thanks for reply.
kr!s

DaemonCantor
Level 13
WoW! that was a quick answer!

DaemonCantor wrote:
WoW! that was a quick answer!

Not really OP was made 16 before I replied. 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Kris just take screenshots of your current bios mate. F12 onto a fat formatted USB drive

UltraNEO_
Level 11
Curious, what does v1102 offer?
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

gallovex
Level 7
ok. good to know that. i'll return with new info after update.
thanks again.