cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASMedia USB3.0 Controller Firmware / XHCI Controller Driver Update

DigitalCop
Level 7
I have been having issues with my USB3.0 and XHCI controller... quirky crap like disappearing drives, etc. Anyway, I found the below site (Station-Drivers) and they had updates that were newer than what was available on the Asus site.

Just figured I would share if anyone else needs / wants to update their firmware or drivers.

It seems to have solved the issues that I was having:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm
My System:
- Dell 30" LCD Monitor
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme BF3 Edition
- 32GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM
- Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition
- Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL Dual Heat Pipe CPU Cooler
- EVGA Classified 580 Ultra Video Card
- Samsung 512GB SSD SATA III (system drive)
- BigFoot Networks Killer 2100 NIC
- XFX ProSeries 1250w PSU

34 REPLIES 34

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

DangerClose
Level 7
Awesome! Forgive my question, but exactly which ones do we need?
*Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 3930K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 - 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs - WD VelociRaptor 600GB Steam drive - 3x 7970 Tri-Fire !! - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - H100 Cooler - Win7 x64 Ultimate :cool::cool::cool:

mdzcpa
Level 12
Any need for Asus to qualifiy these first before use??

mdzcpa wrote:
Any need for Asus to qualifiy these first before use??

They are working fine for me. You would think that ASUS would have the drivers already posted since, if I read correctly, AsMedia is a subsidiary of theirs.
My System:
- Dell 30" LCD Monitor
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme BF3 Edition
- 32GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM
- Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition
- Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL Dual Heat Pipe CPU Cooler
- EVGA Classified 580 Ultra Video Card
- Samsung 512GB SSD SATA III (system drive)
- BigFoot Networks Killer 2100 NIC
- XFX ProSeries 1250w PSU

DangerClose
Level 7
I installed the 106x driver package, that's all we need right?
*Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 3930K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 - 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs - WD VelociRaptor 600GB Steam drive - 3x 7970 Tri-Fire !! - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - H100 Cooler - Win7 x64 Ultimate :cool::cool::cool:

Necrosan
Level 12
You can install the USB 3 chipset driver and the SATA chipset driver.
Both revisions on station-drivers are newer than what ASUS offers via their download section for the board.

Edit: Tested the XHCI firmware update, too. It works as expected.

In U3Firmware directory run "firmware.exe" and it will inform you if you need the update or not. (Mine did)
(For what it's worth the firmware update v110914 is the latest, and is sourced from ASUS. Not sure which board it came with but I've confirmed they are exact same chipset.)
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

Necrosan wrote:
You can install the USB 3 chipset driver and the SATA chipset driver.
Both revisions on station-drivers are newer than what ASUS offers via their download section for the board.

Edit: Tested the XHCI firmware update, too. It works as expected.

In U3Firmware directory run "firmware.exe" and it will inform you if you need the update or not. (Mine did)
(For what it's worth the firmware update v110914 is the latest, and is sourced from ASUS. Not sure which board it came with but I've confirmed they are exact same chipset.)

Why did you say that, in properties the Modified Date of xHCI_v110914_00_02_51.bin is Wednesday, ‎September ‎28, ‎2011, ‏‎11:32:10 AM,
Modified Date of xHCI_v110930_00_02_53.bin is Friday, ‎September ‎30, ‎2011, ‏‎3:22:31 AM
and from ASUS tool Modified Date of xHCI_v120816_02_02_6D.bin file is 10.16.2012

Thank you

rgd1126
Level 7
DigitalCop wrote:
I have been having issues with my USB3.0 and XHCI controller... quirky crap like disappearing drives, etc. Anyway, I found the below site (Station-Drivers) and they had updates that were newer than what was available on the Asus site.

Just figured I would share if anyone else needs / wants to update their firmware or drivers.

It seems to have solved the issues that I was having:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm

Hi,
I seem to be having the same problem as you had with my Maximus V mobo. Downloaded the files from Station Drivers, could you guide me on the steps, ie did you install the driver or firmware.

Thanks

Newbie.

Red_Jhon
Level 10
But what happens flash the firmware? flash the chip? Or fw is incluse in bios?