cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System will not shut down without holding power button

Retired
Not applicable
Restart works fine, but powers down completely and then comes back up. Shut down fails and sit on black screen with all fans still running and all lights off.

I have to hold the power button down to turn off completely. I've reimaged this 6-7 times now to try and resolve the issue, to no success.

Started happening about 4-5 weeks ago.
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
It's been two months, and no reply. I'm thinking maybe an RMA for this might be a really great idea. Hopefully the GSOD issue is resolved on the one they ship me. 😉

(And I'm now missing one rear rubber foot. I love this machine so much, discovering that nearly brought me to tears. I've had three people see mine and go and buy this model, and one bought the JW)

Chastity
Level 10
I gather that you have a G73JH, right? If so, what you need is the vBIOS update (see the sticky for either the GSOD fix thread, or my Driver and Application Reference) to fix the GPU crashes.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Keith_Smith
Level 8
Dang two months and you didn't look for a fix for the GSOD? that would have drove me mad since its such an easy fix.
ASUS G73JH

Retired
Not applicable
was there an ssd mod done to this? if you remove the top two memory modules and the hard drives does the problem persist?