cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BrodyBoy simple but effective .pdf guide. on "Updating The G74SX BIOS with EazyFlash"

ColonelS
Level 9
Just thought that this is useful for new / existing G74SX user wanting to update their BIOS.

Our friendly guru BrodyBoy created this cute but effective Pdf format guide for all to use.

BrodyBoy wrote:
Here's a downloadable .pdf guide. In the first part, you'll see what the currently-installed BIOS is....if it's v203, you don't need to update it.

Updating the G74SX BIOS Using EasyFlash

(Sorry for the annoying ads on MediaFire....I haven't found a better option yet. :()

All credit to BrodyBoy

Thank you BrodyBoy 😉
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page
6 REPLIES 6

PILGRIM
Level 11
..And this is one heartwarming example of how the Mods can be proactive!..

Thanks to you, too, ColonelS. 😄
ASUS G74SX-3DE

I'm not allowed to download this guide.....why is that?
G74SX-AH71
17.3" FULL HD
Core I7 2670QM
16GB DDR3
320GB WD Blue
1TB Seagate Barracuda 2nd HDD
GTX560M 3GB

chrsplmr
Level 18
..dogla.. Welcome to ROG ... this may be due to security.. newMembers have a 5post/5day verification period...this too shall pass.

ColS/BrodyBoy/Pilgrim++ ...... always.thnx.c.

Sorry If I'm out of topic though it seems kinda related to bios though, can I overclocked my system?
if it is possible though sorry again for asking newbie here 😄
G74SX-3D

Full Spec:
i7-2670qm 2.2GHz(with turbo-boost technology up to 3.0GHz)
Nvidia GTX560m 3GB vRam
4X-Blu-Ray writer
8GB RAM
1.5TB of Hard Disk Drive
1920x1080 full HD 3D

Hello
I have several issues with my ODD since I had the idea to use it (twice in a year...).
I saw today that my BIOS is v202 so I wanted to download the pdf to update it but it's no more downloadable (no more on servers).
Can someone re-upload it ?
Thank you and happy holidays !
G74Sx - Win 7
i7 2670QM

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
garggle wrote:
Hello
I have several issues with my ODD since I had the idea to use it (twice in a year...).
I saw today that my BIOS is v202 so I wanted to download the pdf to update it but it's no more downloadable (no more on servers).
Can someone re-upload it ?
Thank you and happy holidays !

Hi,

Although the link is no longer valid in quote of the original post, try accessing the PDF attachment included in the original post if you haven't already (I was able to). Also wanted to mention a couple things below, and sorry, I may worry too much, but just don't like hearing about customers who have had bad bios flashes.

1. Not sure how often bios flashes fail, but it does happen if you check around, so you may want to reconsider flashing the bios for the ODD problem. Even if you successfully update the bios it may not help with your ODD problem, so try to get more confirmation it will help first if you can.

2. Consider sending it to your local ASUS service center for diagnostics, or contacting your local ASUS support to check what it would cost you to repair the unit if the bios flash fails (you may be charged for a motherboard replacement assuming it's available) compared to the cost of sending in the unit for diagnostic for the ODD problem if your unit is no longer under warranty.
If you aren't too worried about portability, consider getting an external USB ODD as well?

3. Hopefully other G74Sx owners can jump in if a bios update has helped with their ODD issues, but not sure that it can help and is worth the risk. Anyway, if you still plan to update the bios and can check that *.PDF guide, suggest skipping the USB drive altogether and just downloading the bios to your local hard drive to flash directly from it using Easy Flash, but this probably still will not eliminate completely the possibility of a bad flash, so please be aware of this.

Good luck!