cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme P67 (B3) USB Hub Power Surge?

Wrexad
Level 7
Hello,

Since Windows 7 64bit done 80+mb of updates the other day all i have been getting is "USB Power Surge on USB hub"

All the USB ports still work.. As All i have plugged in is my Mamba 4G, G15 and U2711 and i have testing them all.

Is this a problem with a driver/firmware as i read here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2541664 that it can be fixed downloading the driver/firmware he linked.

I however have installed both the driver and firmware he linked but no joy 😞

Are ASUS working on a fix for this? Or have we just got to make it shut up some how?
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
Let me see if I have understood.

The board was working just fine.
You downloaded and installed stuff via windows update.
Your system is having issues since then.
ASUS must fix it.

May I suggest that your restore your PC to an a restore point prior to the updates and see if you are sorted. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

As its a known Driver/firmware problem yes i should think ASUS should sort it..

Tell me, do you come home at night (If you even go out) to sound important online?

I probably know a lot more than you about pc's so drop the lol "restore windows" thats gonna fix every problem in the world.

It was a simple question to someone with a brain or knowledge of the error.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am not sure that rudeness is a called for. But different strokes for different folks.

Based on your narration of the problem it would seem that a system restore was a rather elegant and obvious fix for a issue that came about after a update. But there was a little more behind that suggestion.

And interestingly enough this is the very first time I have actually suggested a system restore. But how are you to know that.

Now the purpose of the suggestion was to determine if the fault actually originated with the installation of the update. If your system restore was able to fix the problem then it is not a hardware issue. If the system restore does not resolve the issue then it is likely that it is a hardware issue.

Seems obvious to me, but I should have expanded for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

For one, its rather low PM'ing me saying "im gone if i dont edit my post" Which i see nothing wrong with it?

and i thought i would come to this forum as my motherboard is a ROG board and would stay away from other forums because i would most likely get told to "system resort" or other silly suggestions.

But if you took 2 seconds to read the problem and click the link i gave you would understand the problem spans a bit further than a system restore as im not the only one with it. I could understand if i was.

Digmeahole gave that guy links he sorted his problem. I was hoping that he would see the post and come and help me out as well as the drivers didn't seem to work for me or maybe im doing something wrong installing them.

This is what i get all day spamming me.. yet nothing is plugged into them ports now and it still spams me. So most be a driver conflicting somewhere or something

Wrexad wrote:
For one, its rather low PM'ing me saying "im gone if i dont edit my post" Which i see nothing wrong with it?

and i thought i would come to this forum as my motherboard is a ROG board and would stay away from other forums because i would most likely get told to "system resort" or other silly suggestions.

But if you took 2 seconds to read the problem and click the link i gave you would understand the problem spans a bit further than a system restore as im not the only one with it. I could understand if i was.

Digmeahole gave that guy links he sorted his problem. I was hoping that he would see the post and come and help me out as well as the drivers didn't seem to work for me or maybe im doing something wrong installing them.

Do you have the Dell monitor's built in USB hub connected to the USB ports? Just wondering if that is leaking DC (it should not but there are many non-compliant devices). If DC leaks back into the board it will raise an error flag. The only way around that would be to ask Dell for a fix (which is unlikely at this stage), or you might get around it by enabling some of the "wake on" features in UEFI as these will increase 5VSB current to USB etc.

If not, then I would contact ASUS support UK and ask them for further assistance.

-Raja

Edit: made my post while you were posting that screenshot, so if nothing is plugged in, I would contact ASUS support UK.

Hello Raja, i have just come back from uninstalling all my usb ports via DM and then using that link the guy gave on TPU forum i installed drivers again (maybe installing over old ones didnt go down very well)

/touchwood! 😛 It hasn't flagged yet but it probably will soon knowing my luck!

Anyway it doesn't sound like the ports are dying or something does it..? As i have a waterblock on the board which probably makes the warranty go puff lol :cool: so it would be buying a new board but oh well..

Thanks for your help!

Raja
Level 13
Do you have the Dell monitor's USB hub connected though?

i did, but not in that screen shot and its also been unplugged for 2 days but still the errors come up