cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus live update/intel turboboost question

GW2
Level 7
Hey everyone, Asus live update seems to be useless, so I went to the asus support site and downloaded all the updates manually. However the intel turbo boost updates tell me I don't meet the minimum requirements (because of 64bit OS.)
5 REPLIES 5

Chastity
Level 10
The biggest issue with the Live Updater is that noone ever tells the software firewall to allow it to communicate unimpeded.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

I've just added an exception for it in windows firewall. I'll see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: After adding the exception in windows firewall I put my computer in a DMZ on my router, and turning windows firewall off completely. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

EDIT 2: After coming back an hour later all update downloaded and installed, I'm shocked, maybe th eprogress bar just doesnt fill accurately. Either way thanks for helping me get that sorted out.

Okay now I have a new problem, It says it updated, then after that I restart and it wants to update again. It's trying to update to the same version and everything.

Chastity
Level 10
95% of users I know do their updates manually. Now you know why. 😉 I'll have to do some research on this application. One thing you can try is running the application as an administrator. It may need the elevated privileges for Win 7 to perform its updates.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
i have the same problem with turbo boost..what i have to do???