cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Competition Time: Got One? Win One!

X-ROG
Level 15
It’s competition time again and in cooperation with AMD we’ve got five ASUS Radeon HD 6870 DirectCU (EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5) cards to give-away, but, dear friends, there’s a catch:

You’ve got to have one to win one.

Who is eligible?

If you already own an AMD Radeon HD 4000, 5000 or 6000 series graphics card or AMD (socket FM1) APU
, and you either want a Radeon upgrade or a chance at trying out CrossFire (or even 3-way CrossFire!), you can enter this competition.

How to enter:

1. Download GPU Tweak and take a screenshot of your HD 4000, 5000 or 6000 series hardware like this:

If for any reason GPU Tweak doesn’t work, simply run ASUSxGPU-Z.exe from the GPU Tweak install directory and post a picture of GPU-Z alone.

2. Register or login to the ROG forums (it’s free!) and attach the picture to a reply in this thread below (showing off your overclock is always awesome, but not required).

3. Once the competition ends, we’ll put all your usernames into our ROG hat and choose five winners at random!

Now the serious bit: The Rules:

One entry per person (we do check!).
ASUS ROG reserves the right to remove entries it deems have broken the rules.
Any submitted pictures with desktop wallpaper visible in the background must be family friendly please (yes we know you guys!): no nips or adult bits in view. Removed posts equal entry disqualification.
Due to website downtime the competition closure has been moved to Sunday 25th 23:59pm (GMT).
ASUS ROG will contact the winners by forum private message/registered email address – so please make sure these are monitored.
ASUS ROG is not responsible for any customs charges or taxes – please check if you are liable before entering.
No cash or hardware alternative is on offer, only the boxed EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5.
EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 requires two PCI-Express 6-pin power connectors and compatible space above (due to heatsink) and below (due to dual-slot design) in your case – please make sure you have the space available before entering.

381 REPLIES 381

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Well that cuts me out....:( I have an ATI HD5870....bummer!

DaemonCantor wrote:
Well that cuts me out....:( I have an ATI HD5870....bummer!

5000 owners are eligible.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
5000 owners are eligible.

he probably means it will not Xfire with is 5870, now I have to install GPU tweak in my old 4000 and 5000 GPU, this 6870 will fit well my need. So bad only 1 entry per person, is my son and wife eligible ? , are you checking the postal adress ? I have 4 different IP address ?

my entry to the competition.

Area 66 wrote:
he probably means it will not Xfire with is 5870, now I have to install GPU tweak in my old 4000 and 5000 GPU, this 6870 will fit well my need. So bad only 1 entry per person, is my son and wife eligible ? , are you checking the postal adress ? I have 4 different IP address ?

Do your wife & son have their own PC's? Do they have accounts here on the forum?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Do your wife & son have their own PC's? Do they have accounts here on the forum?

My son have an account here , he use it to fold a short time but when he see he can't participate to the contest ( Quebec F...rules) he stop to fold.

I don't think I want to see my wife here she don't know the price of those ROG thing . lol. No worry for the PC, everyone have their own, it give me a good reason to build more without have the wife on my case.

Here is my Radeon 6800 series 😃

amd fx-8150
amd xfx hd 5770
asus sabertooth990fx
g.skill ddr3 1600 16gb

My 6800 series