+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: R4E memory question, im confused

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Spoony +10

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    The major gain in peformance with the SB-e is the frequency, not so much the latency. So if you have ram that you can get solid at 2400MHz or higher (8Pack and 2500MHz for example) then your bandwidth and performance will be right up there.

Now the kicker.

As a normal Joe, using their system for 24/7 stuff gaming and the like you are hardly going to notice the difference between your system running 1600 and 2133. Yeah you will shave a couple of seconds of how long it takes a file to be archived or extracted, or a 15 second gain on how long a render takes - but when the task is measured in tens of minutes those kinds of quicker become rather irrelevant. For a bencher, like the idiot I am, yes it is huge. I get all of 120 extra points in one benchmark, and 600 more in Vantage11 on my CPU score. And those margins are the difference between top 30 and top 100.

From the bragging rights and sheer hell of it, oh man it makes a difference. But that is me being brutally honest about it. Is it worth the money, that depends on what you want. For me it is, even if I was not benching I like to have cool toys. But that is just me.
    see im just starting to get REALLY into benching, ive always dont it tweeted here and there and so forth but NEVER had time or money to sit and so it right or REALLY learn the full ins and outs of it all. now i have the time.

i have no job right now BUT thats only since my contract ended and im waiting for our lass to finalise her transfer back to the UK in july there aint no point signing another 3 years in the military to waste time and wait again.

anyway, for now im gonna go with the cheaper option BUT later i will be going 2x 7990 anyway or 3x 7970 with watercooling since im already buying things and modding my Silverstone TJ11 in that direction for it all.

as like you bro i love the nice toys, used to race motorbikes till i crashed 1 too many times and said enough was enough in seeing the near to be wife upset, couldnt take that no mare so now its PC TIME and over clocking, gotta waste my money some how i mean i worked for it lol. so for now i think i will get the cheap option and also if i got money over get some 1866 aswell for spares.

oh btw i saw some corsair memory this Corsair CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11R, 4x4 GB, DDR3-2133, CL11@1.5V and its the only one on the net that says QUAD channel, now i think there all quad but wanna check and also which is better ?

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

Yeah I hear you about the bikes. Had a mint 1981 Suzuki GS1100ES and boy did it break my heart to part with that baby.

Can you not get a reasonable priced kit of GSKill ram in Switzerland? Just so nervous about the corsair stuff.

had a fazer 6 for road with the thundercat engine, and a CBR4FI for the track with a blade enigine inside, went like a dog onfire towards water. we gutted when i saw them both go to the scrappers, still got the tanks though on my wall

i can get Gskill yeah but problem is i pay roughly double the UK price for stuff over here, but im back in Uk at easter seeing family so might wait and get it then UNLESS i get itchy and buy it this weekend lol which will end up being the case :S

ROG Guru: Blue Belt 8 Pack +30 8 Pack's Avatar

Can we help by getting you some Gskill and shipping it to you Spoony??

How is the memory clinic going Hiviz ?? many people are still buying incorrectly tuned kits and expecting them to work with XMP without any work,

Can we help by getting you some Gskill and shipping it to you Spoony??

How is the memory clinic going Hiviz ?? many people are still buying incorrectly tuned kits and expecting them to work with XMP without any work,

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

8Pack we have the green light to go for it.

Will be starting the Clinic on Monday if all goes well (forum server does not get abducted by aliens for example)

well played guys.

is there anything i can do then to help out ?

oh btw just ordered my Ripjaw Z 2133Mhz ram, all 32gb of it :P

they didnt have any 1866 though so need to wait for the Gskill Sniper to come on end of this month

Excellent Hiviz let me know how I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    oh btw just ordered my Ripjaw Z 2133Mhz ram, all 32gb of it :P

they didnt have any 1866 though so need to wait for the Gskill Sniper to come on end of this month
    Great m8 glade you got some Gskill. Its the most reliable I believe in this new platform anyway. XMP working well and easy to tune too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast