Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: R4E memory question, im confused

Not to be taken seriously Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Check pages 8-9 here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...t=display+port

You will see how much headache non-complaint cables can cause.

PS, if prologed exposure to that voltage has caused any damage to the board, you will have to RMA it. Just make sure you get some compliant cables before you do that.
    ASUS Technical Marketing

If you are located outside North America and require technical assistance or support, please contact ASUS Support for your region.

For ASUS North America Service: http://www.service.asus.com/#!contact-us/cw8z

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

never had that error with 00 code ever just get 62 hanging on boot up for along time, n the bios changing setting and also not saving in bios but works in windows like it has saved, also the random cpu speeds on boot up screen thats not ever been changed from stock since xmas time.

done the DP thing still same all cables came with cards or boards at the time of buying them, also adaptors, also have other versions from like HP and also other none brands cables but all same.

even changed psu for AX1200 corsair still same AND even added 2 PSU's total PSU count is 2250W

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    never had that error with 00 code ever just get 62 hanging on boot up for along time, n the bios changing setting and also not saving in bios but works in windows like it has saved, also the random cpu speeds on boot up screen thats not ever been changed from stock since xmas time.

done the DP thing still same all cables came with cards or boards at the time of buying them, also adaptors, also have other versions from like HP and also other none brands cables but all same.

even changed psu for AX1200 corsair still same AND even added 2 PSU's total PSU count is 2250W

The code 00 is not the only issue that can arise, so I would not look too deeply into what he was experiencing (he had three of the blasted things plugged in at the same time so the current was higher). The weird core frequency thing wreaks of this mess. Unless you can probe pin 20 on all of these cables I would stop the buck there.

The fact you have had this issue on more than one board is enough for me to lean in that direction at this point.

-Raja
    ASUS Technical Marketing

If you are located outside North America and require technical assistance or support, please contact ASUS Support for your region.

so you think its another faulty board then Raja ?

i tell you this if my head wasnt made of metal and was wood i would have splinters coming out the end of my fingures like freddy kruggers blades :S

I think the DP cables have caused the issues with your boards. The board may have become faulty due to that DC. Think about this - nobody else has that exact same issue with the core frequency - and the BIOS chip works off the 3.3V rail, which is why I am leaning in this direction. The rest I can only go by the info you have given me and it is patchy so I cannot make out everything you have tried or how. Leave the DP cables out if you RMA the board again and see how you get on.

-Raja
    ASUS Technical Marketing

well so far i have swapped or changed with another make or bradn the following.

GPU
    CPU with a friends 3960 and 3930
    ram 5 different kinds speeds and 3 brands
    2 psu's
    cooler changed from water to air sealed water also.
    only thing not changed is board,

bios have been tried all of them that are kicking around, tried manually changing volts on all settings that im feel happy with doing, tried also the profiles for over clockin and also settings provided by people on the net in this forum, for ram and cpu and so forth.

only other thing sorry ive not done is changed my hard drives BUT i have installed windows on 1 SSD and 2 normal HDD plus REinstalled windows for clean boots and so on.

all drivers have been installed reinstalled and so on clean installs with new windows which is legit btw

this is the settings i can ALWAYS boot in and only boot in with no issues.

i manually set ram speeds not profiles
    manually set CPU to 4Ghz
    manually set Volts for boths to 1.4v cpu 1.5v for old ram and 1.65 for new ram installed today.
    turn of bios show screen picture and thats your lot anything other changes just crash upon windows screen boot hanging or doesnt do jack and even the settings ive got use work when they feel like it.

tried 1 card or 2 or 3 still same used only DVI or HDMI or miniDP or all 3 plugged in still same.

if you need me to do more let me know or add more, or if you think just exchange i will per your advice Raja, as you are more upto date on things and tech with this subject than me and i bow to your wisdom not mine,

Go down to a single card and no more than two memory modules. CMOS clear and see if the POST issues persist. If they do, RMA the board.

-Raja
    ASUS Technical Marketing

do that first thing in the morning bro and post results

woke up 5am GMT+1 time tried what you said Raja with all diff combos of cards or ram or ram slots, still same im afraid to say

looks like RMA again

Try swithcing PCIe Gen 3 mode off if it is enabled before you RMA. IF that does not work then it looks like RMA. I assume you purchased the CPU from new - how hard has it been pushed in overclocking (if when things worked)?

If you do get a new board, don't use DP just in case that is a factor at any point (at least ntil you know your cables don't have pin 20 connected). If the new board does the same thing as the others with a single GPU and two memory modules, I would possibly RMA that, too.

-Raja
    ASUS Technical Marketing

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast