cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ASUS ROG USB BIOS Flashback

V2-V3
Level 8
How to use the ASUS Republic of Gamers USB BIOS flash back

The minimum hardware requirements for USB BIOS flash back is to have a Motherboard with ATX Power Supply on and plugged into the wall. You do not need to have a CPU, RAM, Graphics Card, or Hard Drive connected to the system.
The system does not need to be turned on or pass POST (Power On Self Test)

1. Acquire a USB Thumb Drive
2. Format the USB drive with a FAT32 file system
3. Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard and place the extracted ROM file on the USB drive
4. Be sure to rename your file according to the motherboard model. If you have an Rampage III extreme, rename the file to R3E. If you have a Maximus IV Extreme rename the file to M4E.
5. Place the USB drive into the ROG Connect USB Port

5. Hold the Rog connect button down for 5 seconds and an amber light near the BIOS chips will flash for several seconds and when flashing has stopped the BIOS has been successfully updated..

Youtube Video:

HiTechLegion Deno Video:

The BIOS Flashback help page has also been updated for CAP upgrades:
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

114 REPLIES 114

V2-V3
Level 8
ROG Connect USB BIOS flash back video guide in progress

Area_66
Level 11
No CPU, No Ram, that's amassing

MarkedOne wrote:
No CPU, No Ram, that's amassing

BIOS Flash back has saved me a lot of time and money in avoiding an RMA for a bad BIOS

Retired
Not applicable
.... why doesnt everyone do that? it makes so much sense!

lemons wrote:
.... why doesnt everyone do that? it makes so much sense!

It is an Asus innovation 😉
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Retired
Not applicable
V2-V3 wrote:
4. Be sure to rename your file according to the motherboard model. If you have an Rampage III extreme, rename the file to R3E. If you have a Maximus IV Extreme rename the file to R4E.

Did you mean to say" If you have a Maximus IV Extreme rename the file to M4E" insted of R4E or dosent it matter?

Bonjours he(she,it) my the very interesting air(sight) its walking(step) with crosshair formulated v and if yes how I little named the Roma file.
Thank you very much

Is this process possible on an Asus Crosshair V Formula ?

thedoginthewok wrote:
Is this process possible on an Asus Crosshair V Formula ?

Yeah,

Is It As Simple As.. Switching The MB ROG Switch To On With USB Flash Drive In The ROG Connect USB Port...??
There Is No ROG Button On The C5F MB...

Can You Still Flash The Crosshair V Formula BIOS For AMD FX-8150, With Power Off..??

I Can't Even Enter BIOS Page [No Vid Signal]... DIMM Q LED Flashing When Go Button Pressed...

Cheers Guys..
| AMD FX-8150 @ 5.192GHZ | Antec Kuhler h20 920 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt |
|16GB GSkill Sniper PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM + 32GB AMD "RADEON Edition" 1866MHz SDRAM |
| CoolerMaster Silent PRO Hybrid 1300W With Fan Controller | ASUS EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 |
| Xigmatek Water Cooling Tower With 2.5"/3.5" Sata Dock Built In | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |