cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweat volatage ajust is NOT working propperly for me!

MrRyaz
Level 10
i have recently encountered a problerm with the gpu tweak software, first happened a few weeks ago, no noteable reason for it to happen and it fixed by shutting down my pc for a while (10-20mins) and it was ok for a while. and it has just happened again, i thaught it would be much easier to show using a video so there is a link below showing exactly what is happening.
seems to me like this (if the monitor is actually displaying what voltage is being put into the card) could be very dangerous and im not the kind of person who would be able to replace a £400 GPU.

i have no other gpu monitoring/tweeking software installed on my pc.

my specs are:
i7 960 overclocked to 4.2ghz
Rampage III Black Edition
Gtx580 Matrix DirectCUII
corsait HX1050 psu

AI suite is also registering higher than set voltages for cpu and cpu pll for a split second neerly tripple the normal ammount but this only happens when the CPUID is open, could this be my power supply or something? the psu itself is not very old at all. im not sure if the values displayed here are even what is truely beeing supplied to the components because the little overvoltage warning lights on the Rampage III black edition do not change from green, but Please help me ROG i am very worried. :'(

http://youtu.be/pytEfD5LQdk

EDIT: I have checked the voltage using HW monitor and its reporting 1.15v where gpu tweak is reporting 1.488v so id assume it was a software issue
9 REPLIES 9

gaga11
Level 7
well i got an 6950 and got it up to 1175mV

when i randomly checked the monitoring application i saw that my voltage was set to more than 1600mV...

and no, of course i didnt do it.. gpu tweak just randomly cranked it up

uninstalled it now... dont wanna fry my gpu

gaga11 wrote:
well i got an 6950 and got it up to 1175mV

when i randomly checked the monitoring application i saw that my voltage was set to more than 1600mV...

and no, of course i didnt do it.. gpu tweak just randomly cranked it up

uninstalled it now... dont wanna fry my gpu

im using hwmonitor and its showing that its an incorrect reading in gpu tweak says 1.4v in gpu tweak but 1.15in hwmonitor so i think its just a sensor bug

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please post a screenshot of your GPUz so that I can have a look. I have the same graphic card here so would be able to do a compare and contrast for you.

Cheers
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

gaga11
Level 7
i think that gpu tweak monitor reads the correct voltage and gpu-z is having problems displaying the right one...

i had my voltage set to 1175mV and gpu-z kept saying its at 1100mV (stock voltage) while the gpu tweak monitor displayed 1175mV

HiVizMan
Level 40
It does seem to be that the voltage that is being reported is wrong. *thank goodness for that.

My GPU tool shows a different screen than that, I will try with 301.24 driver. I still use the WHQL drivers only.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i think i have found a solution,
which is a bios reset (using safe mode button on the back) this has fixed the gpu voltage report in the monitor aswell as the voltage adjust slider. this is only on first boot after reset so may occur again, but i will keep you informed

all help has been very much appreciated
❤️ thanks all

Ryaz

HiVizMan
Level 40
No stress Ryaz I do value the feedback