cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickering Issue

Retired
Not applicable
I have owned my G72GX for about a year now. Starting in the last 2 weeks or so, my screen has been flickering and it is started to worry me. It usually only happens shortly after I turn my laptop on. Today, for the first time, my screen actually turned off for a few seconds. Anyone else have this issue and what can i do about it?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
When the screen is off or flickering try to see if the screen is turning completely off or just going dark. If you can still see a very dark image then it is just the backlight. This is still a pain in the ass but it can be replaced. Some people have suggested using a flashlight at an angle to see if you can still see an image but this requires that the screen actually be having the problem for long enough to find a flashlight 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
What I do when that happens is remove the left hinge cover (Press up on it when the laptop screen is opened, close the screen and lift the hinge), and press down on the connector. You may need to tug slightly on the bundle of wires coming from inside the base of the screen, seemed to fix mine.