Im new to the forum, and my first question is:
Is there going to be a Maximus IV GENE?

Greetz
- Thijsiez

Never tried, never known
15 REPLIES 15

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Maybe on the P67 chipset but it would be very hard to say. Stay tuned here since we are always in the first to know about new product using our few source at asus ( maybe that's due to the fact that we are a Asus forum ). Something I can say for sure, is that one day a new gene will be out. Just can't say when and what socket.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Thijsiez
Level 7
I think it would be the most logical step for asus to make, cuz the Maximus II and Maximus III both had a GENE. The II was based on socket 775 and the III on 1156, and since the Maximus IV Extreme is Sandy bridge (socket 1155) based, i would expect the others in the IV line to be 1155 as well.
- Thijsiez

Never tried, never known

Thijsiez
Level 7
Hoping asus will unveil it @ CES or reveal that there's one in the making 😄
- Thijsiez

Never tried, never known

Retired
Not applicable
come on asus i'm waiting for the maximus iv gene to complete my red/black build off of the i5 2500k...the extreme and formula are way out of my price range so I really hope you guys release the maximus iv gene soon

Thijsiez
Level 7
Yeah, me too, ill be building my first case in about a month and the colorscheme is matte black and red. The motherboard i would be using is the Asus P8H67D-M EVO but its brown/blue and not black/red.
And if u guys at asus are reading this, can u:
- add a pci slot, like with the earlier mentioned Evo
- use the H67 chipset instead of the normal P**

i know there will be comments on the second one but i think it would be smarter, this because with the new Lucid Virtu software you will get some awesome performance from the igp and gpu combined, and the real overclockers would get the Maximus IV Extreme anyways.

Thanks for considiring 😄
- Thijsiez

Never tried, never known

Thijsiez wrote:
Yeah, me too, ill be building my first case in about a month and the colorscheme is matte black and red. The motherboard i would be using is the Asus P8H67D-M EVO but its brown/blue and not black/red.
And if u guys at asus are reading this, can u:
- add a pci slot, like with the earlier mentioned Evo
- use the H67 chipset instead of the normal P**

i know there will be comments on the second one but i think it would be smarter, this because with the new Lucid Virtu software you will get some awesome performance from the igp and gpu combined, and the real overclockers would get the Maximus IV Extreme anyways.

Thanks for considiring 😄

The P8H67-M EVO does have 1 PCI slot. There is no P8H67D-M EVO. Stay tuned to the forum and we'll keep you updated on the if/when for P67 ROG boards.

Retired
Not applicable
Hey Brian can you offer any info on this? A date maybe?

Thijsiez
Level 7
I would like to add to my last reply that it would be awesome if they didn't use the H67 chipset but the Z68, because the Z68 has the igp capability from the H67 and the overclocking awesomeness of the P67. But if they would, it will take a while cuz Z68 will probably be released somewhere in Q2 2011
- Thijsiez

Never tried, never known

Thijsiez
Level 7
Yeah, i meant the P8H67-M EVO, not the D, my fault
just asking, is there ANY news on the GENE
and can we be sure it will have the P67 chipset, because i think there's more to the Z68 chipset
(igp x dedicated gpu) + overclocking + SSD caching x ASUS = pure awesomeness squared
- Thijsiez

Never tried, never known