cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU-Z Says Crossfire Is disabled ?

Dicehunter
Level 10
Got 2 x 6970's in crossfire, connected bridge etc... and for some reason gpu-z says crossfire is disabled and ccc says its enabled ??? yet i see both gpu's being used in all my games with msi afterburner ?
Ive tried uninstalling ccc, wiping drivers with driver sweeper, re-installing with latest ccc and caps and it still says disabled.
PSU is also up to scratch i just bought a "Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance 850W Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply".

Any help would be appreciated

11 REPLIES 11

oldbrave
Level 9
What version of GPU-Z are you using ?
I'm using the 059 version and it shows my Xfire OK.
Electronic Smoke Signals From my TechnoTeepee
ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5162Mhz [21x245] 1.546v 🙂
Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=52c
32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.5 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

im also using 059, cant figure out what the problem is though 😕

mdzcpa
Level 12
Uninstall CPUZ, reboot, and re-install CPUZ while Crossfire is enabled in the CCC.

i dont have cpu-z installed and gpu-z is a on the fly utility, no install needed.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I also have been having trouble with GPUz until I installed the new Catalyst Control panel Yesterday. It was saying that my Open CL wasn't working. so I would suggest downloading the 12.2 Catalyst Software Suite from http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx and give it a shot! chrsplmr and I had to dig to get that because the Auto Function keeps showing a year old update instead of current as well as STEAM(Same Thing).

i already have the 12.2's with latest caps, still no idea 😕

HiVizMan
Level 40
What is your OS - XP will not see crossfire as enabled even when it is.

Best thing to do is test your system against a know benchmark. compare single card result versus dual card score.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit edition, problem is still here, maybe it will be sorted in the next official ccc.

Area_66
Level 11
I never trust anything that say if Xfire or SLI is open, I just run Call Of Prypiat benchmark, and from the score I know ....