cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 Drivers

DocLotus
Level 9
Have been running Windows 8 Customer Preview on CHV and FX CPU.

Only the USB3 driver and AI Suite II will install and run; all others either will not install or they install but will not run. The ASUS MB CD also will not even load on Win 8.

Any idea when Windows 8 comparable drivers will become available?

Thanks;
Doc
Retired... and Loving it :cool:
6 REPLIES 6

Area_66
Level 11
AMD don't release drivers for their GPU, so don't expect them to move their A$$ much faster for the chipset. Aside Windows 8 is not yet release.

baker5555
Level 7
DocLotus wrote:
Have been running Windows 8 Customer Preview on CHV and FX CPU.

Only the USB3 driver and AI Suite II will install and run; all others either will not install or they install but will not run. The ASUS MB CD also will not even load on Win 8.

Any idea when Windows 8 comparable drivers will become available?

Thanks;
Doc

I did install all the drivers on the dvd when using comparability mode for windows 7 64bit
Phenom II X6 1100T.@ 3.8GHz
Unknown water cooling cpu in closed loop
ASUS Crosshair V Formula (bios 1003)
2x4GB Corsair @1600mhz
Nvidia GTX 560TI
Cooler Master case
Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

DocLotus
Level 9
After you installed them, did they all work?

I am especially interested in the audio set like Realtek HD Audio Manger, THX TruStudio Pro and the Soundblaster Console.

The Realtek HD Audio Manger is the most important as without it Win 8 only provides two audio channels (except when running Windows Media Center like the TV, than I get surround sound for all 6 speakers).

Thanks;
Doc
Retired... and Loving it :cool:

I've been working on a book on Windows 8, and an article for WindowsEnterpriseDesktop about Windows 8 drivers and have observed that by and large the Windows 7 drivers work unaltered for Windows 8. That said, Lenovo has just posted a series of Windows 8 drivers (http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT072084) and its contents include the following items (released for some, but not all, of their Win8 designated "test platforms"):

• BIOS: ThinkPad T420, T420i
  • Chipset: Intel AMT 6.1 and 7.1 (varies by platform), and Intel 3-7 series chipsets v9.3.0.1020
  • Inf and Cat (raw driver files) for the ThinkPad display
  • All kinds of mouse, trackpoint, and Synaptics UltraNav drivers
  • Sierra Wireless MC8355 and Ericsson F5521gw WWAN drivers
  • Tablet button drivers for X220 Tablet (separate 32- and 64-bit versions)
  • Intel RST drivers and console software
  • All kinds of Video drivers for the Nvidia Quadro graphics circuitry in higher-end T4xx and T5xx notebooks

Given that *somebody's* makiing progress on this front (can't yet find much action from Asus, Dell, or HP on Windows 8 specific stuff yet) I think we'll start seeing progress in the next week or two from other players as well.
HTH,
--Ed--

HiVizMan
Level 40
Until the OS is available ASUS will not offer driver support I am pretty sure.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Until the OS is available ASUS will not offer driver support I am pretty sure.

Yep they won't release anything until either just before or even after the initial release. My old MB Ramapage Extreme II they didn't release drivers and software updates until the last two weeks before Windows 7 was released. I purchased VMware software today, I shall rephrase that, it was yesterday now, ready to install Windows 8 today... later on today. and was already aware that most of the drivers and software would have installed. Just install them as Windows 7.

I am looking forward to running a VMware, I have done this countless times in work, In fact I could do it blindfolded. much better than installing it direct.