cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH5F Probmel... Again

Jok3r
Level 7
Yep, problems with it again.

So, sometimes when I wake my PC from sleep, I get a red warning on the right side of my screen saying my motherboard is at a critical temperature of 128c+
I check AIS2 right away, and temps are normal. Not sure why this happens, but it makes me poop bricks every time.
Not sure if it's AIS2 that warns me in the first place, or some other program that came with the mobo.

Other than that, for some odd reason when I boot, right after Bios loads I get a black screen. I'm assuming this has something to do with my OS though. Ever since I got my PC in november, I had 1 blue screen, 1 fatal error crash (something about damaged file), about 5 black screens, multiple times where mouse and keyboard stopped working at boot (though less common as of my last thread) and my mouse goes berserk in the Bios. I used to be able to use it in the Bios, but then for some odd reason I can only move it left and right. Though that might be a compatibility issue.

Help appreciated

~Jok3r

PS: oops, typo in title XD
MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1100t black Edition
SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 120GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX1050
Cooling: Corsair H100
GPU: HD4550 (Waiting for GTX680 to come in that mail)
RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
24 REPLIES 24

Area_66
Level 11
The Ai as some bug, don't worry too much about it, for you other problem, I see you are using 4x4 stick of RAM, it will help to increase some voltages in the BIOS , but before what exact model they are ?

i know what you mean about AI suitte. 2 times now i get a red warning on the top left hand corner,it doesnt warn about anything it just says warning,and several times AI suitte II has shown all my voltages at zero,but theres nothing wrong. O well not everything can be perfect

chrsplmr
Level 18
.. i had seen the temp issue early on with my V .. Raja assured me .. not a problem .. as mentioned above
it is a software thing ... 2 seconds later (if you look at the log) it says goes to normal ..

what gpu are you using now ? if you see the boot .. and then the screen goes black .. before
it completes .. in my opinion .. this is where the vid drivers are loading .. (as you know..no driver
needed initially on boot) ... i would re install the card ..

i would scan that drive also ... you may have some nasties in there reaking havoc ...

keep us 'posted' ....c.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
With all of these problems the CHVF has I'm glad I got the CHIVF instead...lol, I don't know really what good it is to install software that is bad in the first place when it's so easy to install good software instead. I would uninstall it and use something like Fan Speed if temp monitoring is so important or find a piece of software that works.

DaemonCantor wrote:
With all of these problems the CHVF has I'm glad I got the CHIVF instead...lol, .

I tough this one the main reason :

DaemonCantor wrote:
That's the worst part of Windows 8 as I see it at present and also one of the many reasons I refused to get the Crosshair V and purchased the Crosshair IV Formula.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
As your quote stated That was one of many reasons not just the only one...lol I do have many reasons for my decision but those are two of the main ones. Compatibility, Longevity, Stability, Ease of Maintenance, Ease of Setup, Features, Quality, Performance. These are just some of the things I look at before I purchase and I do research, at many levels, it takes me anywhere from a month to a year before I decide What, When, and How I'm going to purchase something. Yes I was looking at the problems with the CHVF before I made my final decision and I was under no Delusions as to what I was getting.

Now Back on topic Area 66, Like I stated if the software is known to be a problem why load it and subject yourself to problems. I would get rid of AISuite II and find something that works.

DaemonCantor wrote:
Now Back on topic .

Speaking of topic, I still wait for the reply of the OP about is Model or RAM, he seems to have more serious problem than Ai

Area 66 wrote:
Speaking of topic, I still wait for the reply of the OP about is Model or RAM, he seems to have more serious problem than Ai

It's all in my sig, no?

RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
GPU: HD4550 (did an update to software, still happened)

Or did you want exact model number, to better look it up?

AIS2 was installed to keep track of temp when i experimented with OC, though all is back to stock.
Bios I have 1102 i think.

AntiVirus: Kaspersky (got 1 year free with i forget what)

I normally tend to only go on sites i know, and i pretty much mark all mail in my hotmail as spam, or dont read what i know is not legit. never got around to reinstall spybot though (used to ahve it on old PC)

after work when i got home and opened PC, I got that broken OS message again (see attachment). Rebooted, black screen just a bit after windows started loading.
MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1100t black Edition
SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 120GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX1050
Cooling: Corsair H100
GPU: HD4550 (Waiting for GTX680 to come in that mail)
RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper

chrsplmr
Level 18
There is some weirdness in you OS there.

What if you hit 'cancel' ? Does it continue to boot or ?
There has been a truckload of junk coming in through flashplayer ...
Something hinky there ..
I dont see it as a hardware issue ...

AND ... I am still using bios506
without issue ... T1100.c.