8 REPLIES 8

Area_66
Level 11
What are the change ?

silis
Level 7
1.Improve system stability.
2.Improve memory compatibility.
3.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
* Enable support for Intel Next Gen 22nm Processor E1 stepping MP version CPU

Same as 3202
Maximus IV Extreme-Z @ P67 Sabertooth (Great Mobo)
i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz @ i5 2500k stock
PNY GTX 680 @ MSI GTX 670 PE/OC 1215 Stock Boost
Corsair AX850 @ 850TX
Asus 'Sata' DVD-RW
Intel 330 120gb ssd @ Pny 120gb ssd @ Intel 330 60gb ssd
1x1TB Samsung SATA III 6GB/S @ 3x2TB Western Digital Green 6GB/s (SATA III)
Corsair Vengeance 8gb cl9 Low Profile Dimms
Dell U2412M 1920x1200 60hz @ Samsung 2233rz 1680x1050 120hz
Fractal Design Define XL @ Corsair Obisidian 550D

Hello I am new here in the forum and I come here often to remove my doubts, thank you for help and share your knowledge, I have a Maximus Extreme IV Z with bios 1004, is worth doing a bios update to 3203? I wish I had your experience feedback, I've used the bios 3202 but reverted to the 1004 bios because I was having some problems with bios 3202 (AE debug code, the pc restarted itself, and not detected some usb devices etc.) Sorry for my poor English, I'm Portuguese, greetings and thank you all guys!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello my friend

If your system is working good with the BIOS you have. Stay there.

The new BIOS is getting ready for the next generation of CPU.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks buddy Hivizman, not always for the bios updates bring benefits, however, when information contained in "Improve system stability" we are always tempted to update ... anyway thank you for your advice mate!

Area_66
Level 11
Thanks, I think peoples should always put the version changes when they post a link to a BIOS

boyka wrote:
Thanks buddy Hivizman, not always for the bios updates bring benefits, however, when information contained in "Improve system stability" we are always tempted to update ... anyway thank you for your advice mate!

Mine work flawless since the first day 8 months ago, I will not change anything for sure. The new 22nm CPU ? .... will not be a good reason or excuse to purchase the Maximus V formula instead of update the BIOS .... Sorry no update, new build .... ROG all the way

Area 66 wrote:
Thanks, I think peoples should always put the version changes when they post a link to a BIOS

Mine work flawless since the first day 8 months ago, I will not change anything for sure. The new 22nm CPU ? .... will not be a good reason or excuse to purchase the Maximus V formula instead of update the BIOS .... Sorry no update, new build .... ROG all the way

Maybe you're right Area66, my bios version is 1004 and is stable, maybe not so important to update it.
Either way (and just out of curiosity) of all the bios versions released so far, who tested them, what is the best and most stable?
Thanks for the advice, best regards.

Area_66
Level 11
lol I'm running 0210 I'm realy a " If it ain't broke, don't fix it " guy . lol