cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Asus Rampage IV Extreme. USB still ON after shut down

Sofyan88
Level 7
Hi guys.
I'm just purchase an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme.
I Have some question here.

USB power still ON, even when computer is shut down.

may be someone tell me this: "why don't you just cut off the PSU switch button? or directly cut off the head power outlet?"
I DO. but it's still very annoying. come on, this is an era of instant right. this not an era of IBM PC pentium I, pentium II, pentium III or some other old stuff.

I know this is may be the smart feature to charge your mobile device like iPhone or iPod, even when the computer is OFF. but this is really annoying for me, cause I have so many USB Devices like external HDD, USB Modem, external USB fan. etc. and It's not funny to see my USB Devices still working (ON) even the computer is OFF.
at least tell me how to turn off that feature?

I've see the FAQ on ASUS website, and not found anything about my problem.

I've already update the latest BIOS, but still same problem.

I've try to setting all feature on the ACPI Configuration. disable all setting like power on keyboard, power on mouse etc. and still nothing.

can anyone help me?
I hope it's any ASUS guy here where can explain this problem,
at least tell me how to turn off the USB power when the system is off?

Please help me, if any way to solve this preblem.
Thanks in Advance.

Update: 06-03-2012

Today, I'm try the PSU with ErP/EuP support as Raja@ASUS Recommendation. have to Enabled ErP option on BIOS
and the problem still same. USB Power still ON, even the Computer is Shutdown

I'm using the Seasonic P860. Platinum
so, the problem is not solved... yet.

anyone have same issues with me?
32 REPLIES 32

DangerClose
Level 7
Personally I love this feature as it charges my Razer Mamba 2012 when the PC is "off" (I don't use hibernate or sleep). But I can see how this might annoy someone in your circumstance.

I'm curious to see what Asus has to say about disabling this feature if needed.
*Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 3930K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 - 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs - WD VelociRaptor 600GB Steam drive - 3x 7970 Tri-Fire !! - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - H100 Cooler - Win7 x64 Ultimate :cool::cool::cool:

ugapug
Level 7
Yeah, the constant pulsing of my Naga Epic does get a bit annoying when I'm trying to sleep.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme w/EK Full motherboard block
Corsair Vengeance 32gb 8-8-8-20 1t 1600 MHz @ 1.65v
i7 3820 @ 4.4GHz w/EK Supreme HF
EVGA GTX 580 Classified Ultra 3GB @975mhz (680 SLI Incoming)
BFG GTX285 OCX 1gb (for Physx)
Corsair Force GT 120gb SSD - WD Black 1tb SATA
HP 24x DVD-RW/LG 12x BluRay
Caselabs TH10
Full WC loop
Corsair HX1000W PSU
Aquaero 5 Pro
Toshiba 47" LED 1080p TV
Polk LSi 7.1 HT Setup - IBM Model M - Logitech G9X
Windows 7 x64 Professional

Raja
Level 13
Go into UEFI Advanced>APM set ErP Ready to Enabled.

DangerClose wrote:
Personally I love this feature as it charges my Razer Mamba 2012 when the PC is "off" (I don't use hibernate or sleep). But I can see how this might annoy someone in your circumstance.

I'm curious to see what Asus has to say about disabling this feature if needed.

but, at least.. that feature is must be any swith to ON/OFF
so, when we need that, turn it ON
when no need that, just turn it OFF

we'll see ASUS answer how to turn OFF that feature 😄
ugapug wrote:
Yeah, the constant pulsing of my Naga Epic does get a bit annoying when I'm trying to sleep.

that's right mate. 😄
Raja@ASUS wrote:

thank you for your answer Raja.
but....
I've already set the ErP to Enable. it's just switch OFF the onboard Power Button LED and Reset LED. the USB power is Still ON when system off (Shut Down).

the Problem is Unsolved yet.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Thank You!!!!!
I clicked it set it on [ S4+S5 ] and that works! a complete shutdown with no power feed off the Rig!:cool:

Now to find out how to turn off those Red and Yellow led lights off, it's crashin' into my Black & Blue theme lights inside my Rig:(
*Lian Li PC-011D (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z63/Corsair QL Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

I have the same Problem. USB not powering off after shutdown.

My PSU also is ERP ready.

I installed a LED light strip behind the table and connect it to USB.

I was hoping it will turn on whene i power on the pc, and power off whene i shutdown.
But the LED keeps ON. so it is useless 😉

i was thinking to buy the corsair PSU you wrote. Problem is that another user has the same problem with the corsair PSU?
So i think this will not solve my problem.

You say ASUS AI Charger software will disable ERB ready in bios?
Maybe its a software problem?
I use Windows 10x64

In other post they talk about 5V jumpers on the board? has the rampage 5v Jumpers?
Or maybe we have to unconnect some Powercables from the Mobo that are not necessary?

Greetings from Switzerland

Raja
Level 13
That does not happen on my board here. I have an Android phone charger plugged into the USB 2.0 cluster and standby power is off when the system is in S5 with ErP Enabled. Maybe contact ASUS support Indonesia and see what they suggest (I have enough USA NA cases to handle without taking on the rest of the world, too).

All I did was load defaults, set ErP to Enabled, allow the board to rePOST, go into UEFI again, power down and no power to USB 2.0 ports in S5. Using a Corsair AX1200 PSU.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
That does not happen on my board here. I have an Android phone charger plugged into the USB 2.0 cluster and standby power is off when the system is in S5 with ErP Enabled. Maybe contact ASUS support Indonesia and see what they suggest (I have enough USA NA cases to handle without taking on the rest of the world, too).

All I did was load defaults, set ErP to Enabled, allow the boar to rePOST, go into UEFI again, power down and no power to USB 2.0 ports in S5.

ok. I'll contact Asus Indonesia tomorrow (cause right now is 18:03 here :D)

thanks for your concern Raja.

Raja
Level 13
Might be your PSU not working with ErP/EUP, who knows. With ErP enabled the system needs to conume less than 1W of power. No way this can happen if USB devices can draw spec power (500ma). I can hear the relay within the Corsair switching when it goes into this mode, the standby LED on my charger switches off as soon as that happens - takes a few seconds after S5 for the residual charge to drain. I have not tried with other PSUs, but ultimately that is what this comes down to, your PSU. If the consumption is less than 1W in S5 then it is ErP compliant. If the PSU was sold pre 2010 or outside the EU then there is a chance you have a non ErP compliant PSU, so you know what the answer to that is...