cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74 or i wait the future G75

Eroune
Level 7
hello all ,
I would buy a new PC and i hesitate between the actual G74 or waitinG for the future G75 that will be normally realased in april ? I have a 1300 dollars budget .I'm waitin for your advices .
excuse me but i am a french with a bad keyboard and enlish 😛 . Thank you !
26 REPLIES 26

Eroune
Level 7
hello all ,
I would buy a new PC and i hesitate between the actual G74 or waitinG for the future G75 that will be normally realased in april ? I have a 1300 dollars budget but i can up to 1400.I'm waitin for your advices .
excuse me but i am a french with a bad keyboard and enlish 😛 . Thank you !

BrodyBoy
Level 10
At $1300, I think you will be able to get a lot more computer in a G74 than with a G75. So unless the G75 has some must-have feature you want, I'd go for a more fully-loaded G74.

thanks for your reply , but i can up to 1800 dollars finaly by seliin my ps3 and my precedent computer .Wat do you think about this now ?

It's up to you, do you know what features the g75 has compared to the g74?

Nirneath wrote:
It's up to you, do you know what features the g75 has compared to the g74?

I think you must wait, G75 will have a Kepler GPU, a Ivy Bridge CPU, and a better size and design:

http://notebookitalia.it/asus-g55-g75-rog-ivy-bridge-aprile-13856

Also you have two fan doors for maintenance.

Wait G75, IMHO 😉
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

Symho wrote:
I think you must wait, G75 will have a Kepler GPU, a Ivy Bridge CPU, and a better size and design:

http://notebookitalia.it/asus-g55-g75-rog-ivy-bridge-aprile-13856

Also you have two fan doors for maintenance.

Wait G75, IMHO 😉

Wrong, GTX670m on G75 is still the same 40nm fermi architechture as GTX560m on G74sx, with the same old 192bit memory. Hence the "New" GTX 670m is more than likely to be slightly faster than GTX 570m http://support.asus.com/ServiceCenter.aspx?SLanguage=en

With that being said, other than a more power efficient Ivy Bridge CPU compare to current SandyBridge i7, you will pretty much get a rebadged "New" GPU from Nvidia.

Performance wise, G75 will definately win over G74 by a noticable margin. But what about value? You will be buying a new product at launch price that will asks for couple hundreds dollars more.

Don't follow the crowd and hype, evaluate what you really need before consider a purchase.

ps: For myself I will not be buying Nvidia's smart product naming strategy this time arround, and I will be waiting for a REAL next gen GPU on board.

Harris wrote:
Wrong, GTX670m on G75 is still the same 40nm fermi architechture as GTX560m on G74sx, with the same old 192bit memory. Hence the "New" GTX 670m is more than likely to be slightly faster than GTX 570m http://support.asus.com/ServiceCenter.aspx?SLanguage=en

With that being said, other than a more power efficient Ivy Bridge CPU compare to current SandyBridge i7, you will pretty much get a rebadged "New" GPU from Nvidia.

Performance wise, G75 will definately win over G74 by a noticable margin. But what about value? You will be buying a new product at launch price that will asks for couple hundreds dollars more.

Don't follow the crowd and hype, evaluate what you really need before consider a purchase.

ps: For myself I will not be buying Nvidia's smart product naming strategy this time arround, and I will be waiting for a REAL next gen GPU on board.

1. The GPU is not confirmed; the 670m GPU in the link is a rapresentative GPU for a simple demostration, not the GPU for the definitly product; this because kepler is not released when the note was presented. Also the 670m has all software feature of Kepler, TXAA, Auto sync, GPU boost, ecc... not performed on 570m;
2. Ivy bridge is better than Sandy bridge;
3. A noticable margin? I don't think so...

Which hype? Today there are few news on G75!

The GTX 660m is a "very" kepler, the 680m too! G75 will have a 660m:

G73 + 460m

G74 + 560m

G75 + 660m

Have you understand?

P.s. 16 GB Ram clocked to 1600 MHz?
1.5 TB to HDD?
Dual fan with manteinance door for each one?
"Slightly higher"??? 😄

Symho wrote:

Ivy bridge is better than Sandy bridge;

It might be better on white paper & tech specs, but knowing how Intel is, the damn thing will be buggy for a good year or so before becoming stable enough for "hardcore" usage.

OldNESJunkie wrote:
It might be better on white paper & tech specs, but knowing how Intel is, the damn thing will be buggy for a good year or so before becoming stable enough for "hardcore" usage.

If this is it your opinion you will buy your PC in the next year...:D