cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with new build

Retired
Not applicable
I just upgraded to i7 and have had nothing but problems with this motherboard.
I can't even install windows with everything set at defalt in the bios.
BSOD 124 error

Asus Rampage III Formula
i7 920
OCZ3X1600R2LV6GK 3x2gb sticks
WD veliciraptor and a 750gb for storage
HD 5850 I have two of them for crossfire
Corsair hx1000 psu
7 REPLIES 7

69_Goat
Level 7
Welcome to the ROG Forums.

The 124 error is usually QPI/DRAM voltage, either too high or to low.
I say usually because there are other situations that will throw the 124 error at times.

Re-boot, hold the Delete key to enter Bios Setup.
Go to last page, select load Defaults.
Save and Exit, let comp boot to Windows.
Open TurboV (with advanced setting showing) and Real Temp on the desktop.
Also open CPU-Z twice, once with the CPU tab displayed and once with the Memory tab displayed.
Take a screenshot. Crop it, so it's easy to read.

Post the screenshot here.
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile

martin_metal_88
Level 8
124 error is really wide unfortunatly. It can be related to any physical part of the computer. But I do agree with goat that it's usually coming from your ram. I would do a memtest ( the bootable version ) before trying to set the bios at default. If you got error then try the bios default. If this pass then your OC is just unstable.

My 2 cent on the issue are these :
1: remove 1 card and install windows, put the card back then
2: I have nothing really good to say abuot OCZ memory, try 1 stick at a time with bootable memtest. Also try a friend DDR3 if you can find some.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
I can run memtest all night long with 0 errors.
I would need to be able to install windows first to post screen shots.
I may just refund the asus board and get an evga or somthing.
Already RMAd it once and its still the same.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
so this is the replacement and give the same issue? Out of the box or after a certain time?
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
Out of the box

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Ok so if I understand good it does it out of the box and the RMA was still not working. I would point somewhere else then. If you have a friend that use other kind of memory maybe ask him if you can borrow 1 stick the time to try to install windows. If it work you found the issue.
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!

This is first build, I just completed installing the Maximus IV B3 board and it failed the POST with an LED error of 58. I tried resetting CMOS, switching BIOS, reinserting the two power (24 + 😎 plugs, reinserting the CPU and restarting several times. All of the fans, lights are working, but always hangs at step 58.

Maximus IV Extreme B3
I7-2600K
Noctua NH-D14
4X2GB Corsair Dominator RAM
Corsair Pro HX1000 PS
Fatality Pro Sound
EVGA 580 Overclocked

I don't know what else to do to solve the problem, error code 58 is a "CPU FAILED OR CACHE FAILED" error.

Help pls.

Chuck