cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers output : Sound out of this laptop sucks!

Retired
Not applicable
Hi!

I have an asus g53 jw-3de , everything about this laptop is great EXCEPT THE SOUND TOTALLY SUCKS!!! ( when you connect it to speakers )

I have tried every posible equilizer this laptop offers but the sound quality ( especially the bass ) is terrible.

By the way, I thought maybe its my speakers or maybe the 3.5 mm jag was broken, but when I connect my phone to the speakers the sound quality is amazing, did anyone else plug in their speakers to the laptop and realized the sound quality is terrible or is something wrong with mine?

Any ideas on improving the sound quality?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

celticguy75
Level 8
What kind of speakers are you using? Are they powered or unpowered? 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1?

Retired
Not applicable
I use philips ambx 2.1 speakers ( 160 watts ) , they are powered
I used the same system with my previous laptop and my phone, its only the asus g53 with this bad sound somehow?

Retired
Not applicable
Can somebody atleast say if their speakers work perfectly fine or they have the same problem so I know if there is a problem with my laptop or sound out of this laptop is generally this bad ?

Gatsby
Level 7
I have the same problem, just realized it tonight. I have the G53jw-a1 and tonight I plugged my computer into my sound system only to realize that it sounds awful. I tried to fix it with the realtek software, but it didn't hep at all.

I saw on another forum that another guy had the same problem and he uninstalled the realtek audio drivers and that fixed the problem for him. I uninstalled the entire realtek audio program, and now I can't use my speakers or microphone, but when I plug in the headphone jack, the sound is much better than it was previously, so I dont really know what to do now other than reinstall the software and try something else.

reiyu
Level 7
solution:
go to control panel -> sound -> right click speakers -> properties -> enhancements -> disable all sound effects

let me know what kind of results you guys get.

Gatsby
Level 7
I actually managed to fix my sound problems by popping in my drivers & utilities disc and reinstalling the original Realtek drivers. I did not uninstall the replacement drivers that Windows found upon the first uninstall of Realtek's software. now everything works great!

reiyu
Level 7
nice to hear that. i'm pretty sure by disabling those sound effect enhancements, it'll make your sound better.