Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Paultan: BATMAN Dark Knight Mod

paultan
Level 8
Hello Guys! Paultan here designer and builder of:
Reventon MKII PC

Nike Advance PC

I just want to share you guys what I'm currently workig on. And since I'm using a Asus items again, I think it's pretty nice to share it here 🙂

First of all, I would like to thank CoolerMaster for giving me he full support and mostly for giving me one of the first Cosmos II. They sent it to me last year 2011 November but because of the NDA I kept it as a secret. Thank you also CoolerMaster for giving me cool items! I love the Turbine Master Fans! and the Hybrid 1030w PSU 🙂

Secondly, I would like to thank Corsair also for giving me the support when it comes to PSU, Memory Kits, SSDs, and CPU and memory Cooler. They gave me a lot. Never expected it 🙂 It's really nice.

Lastly, Thanks Asus! ASUS ROG and Asus Philippines. For giving me the Asus Sabertooth 990FX and 3x Asus HD 6970 DCUII 🙂

Thanking everyone for all of the gifts you gave me. That's why I'm returning the favor to you by doing this

enjoy!

The package from CoolerMaster. Thanks!

Then Corsair 🙂
To cut the story short, here's what Corsair gave me 🙂

Then Asus
109 REPLIES 109

paultan
Level 8
Here's what my initial plan of what I intend to achieve. But I think it still needs more details 🙂

And here are some of the crazy features that my Dark Knight will have 🙂

converting the motherboard tray into 90deg tray
and reversed mounted GPUs 🙂

Will discuss more about this as I progress 🙂 That's all for now.

Since when I started this mod project, I was still contacting Asus to assist me. So while waiting, I started modding the Cosmos 2 by rotating it's motherboard tray by 90degrees angle. 🙂

here my good friend tantric helped me to cut the thick metal of the case itself 🙂 weewww!

here's a mock up for the planned 90 deg mobo tray

another mock up

sorry about the board guys. no hard feelings. Like I said, I was still contacting Asus when I made this mod 🙂

Now I tested the mounting the rads of the H100 underneath the mobo tray.

I like how it looks 🙂

look! it's floating 🙂

[IMGhttp://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399910_10150468671378424_232212647_n.jpg[/IMG]

oh I really those Turbine Master Fans! 🙂

Now there's a problem, and I need the assistance of my good friend camshow 🙂 Modding the H100 tubes 🙂

Modding the tubes is a two player task 🙂

Finally, my first shopping galore at MDPC-X. Thank you Nils!

Finally! The most awaited 🙂 Asus! Whoah!

Asus Sabertooth 990FX

so I bought my AMD FX8150

3x Asus HD6970 DCU2

Let's test and OC this babies 🙂

After testing every hardware, now I'm ready to void some warranties 🙂 haha

after painting it with black 🙂

now for the difficult part 🙂

Now for the Motherboard! Kids, don't try this at home 🙂 try it outside hehe

Seriously, do it with precautions. Painting the board is not easy, you have test everything first and mask every important part of the board 🙂

About the painting

1. I'm scared, so scared that If I screw up, Asus will hate me. haha
2. I'm trilled, because I have the guts not to cover the dram slots and pci-e slots 🙂
3. Reason for no covering the slots, simple: I want everything black. 🙂

Let's start!

Scared?? I am. Will it boot? Let's find out 🙂