Results 1 to 8 of 8
04-06-2012 03:40 AM #1
Is the program worth it to use? does it make better ping times?
Thanks,-|[ Clear Case ]|-
-|[ ASUS R.O.G. Crosshair III Formula ]|-
-|[ AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4GHZ (stock fan) ]|-
-|[ Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 ]|-
-|[ ASUS Radeon HD 6950 DirectCU II 2GB (o.c. 870MHZ) ]|-
-|[ Corsair Pro Series HX1050 ]|-
-|[ Eyefinity 3x ASUS 21.5" LED 1080P (running at 5982X1080) ]|- ...Building
^With a medium Budget^
next in line:
*SSD * EXT. BluerayRW * Corsair H100
04-06-2012 06:11 AM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Ocala, Florida U.S.A.
I tried it. Did not seem to do anything for my ping. In vent or game servers. I have it unistalled now.
04-07-2012 11:59 AM #3
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Franeker, Netherlands
So after reading the replies on this thread ... no one have any possitive remarks ? I wonder then why a company makes this peace of hard software, create a market:But has no function at all? This cost inefficiëntcy of this is hughes. I am now starting to get intrested in the question... I`ll have search and if anything pops up, I'll let you guys now.
04-07-2012 01:07 PM #4
It works but your missing what it does. Games and Vent/TS go first through the Network and get a Priority then as you configure and allow it to do it's job which takes time it assigns lower priorities to other software that doesn't need to go first and thus Shaping your Traffic giving you faster Ping times and Lower Latencies. It also helps if you have it turned on in other machines and Router that you have and allow your gaming rig to control them as well but isn't necessary. I've shaved off a good amount of Latency in Guild Wars and a few FPS Multilayer Titles. Unlike most of the things you folks are used to this does take Time and Understanding to use plus it also helps if you know how Servers Work.
04-07-2012 11:15 PM #5
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Franeker, Netherlands
This is what is Gamefirst does according to the firm which created the software called : cfos, website: www.cfos.de
cFosSpeed - The Internet Accelerator New version 7.00 !
!!! Bear in mind that the ROG GameFirst program is licensed via Asus, as part of package of your Motherboard. If you install the latest V7.00 you need a new license! I keep using the ROG Version. !!
cFosSpeed increases your throughput and reduces your Ping. Whenever you access the Internet with more than one data stream cFosSpeed can optimize the traffic. "The Internet Accelerator ... faster Internet access with Traffic Shaping". Improve your Ping for online games. Keep your internet fast during heavy upload/download (NEW in V7.00: Improve mobile Internet Reduce audio/video streaming problems Improve VoIP speech quality)
* cfossSpeed prevents one application (e.g. sending email) from choking all others, like telephone calls, chat, etc.
* cFosSpeed keeps your ping times low, so you can play online games and download files simultaneously.
* All important data packets are automatically prioritized over unimportant ones.
* With the cFosSpeed program and protocol prioritization you can configure your applications ideally and/or add new
* Real-time analysis of your data: With the new status window you can easily recognize which data streams you are currently
Sounds good huh ? To prove their right they have a huge list of countries, with per country the mayor internet providers listed: where the program was tested. Also a huge list of hardware that the program has been tested on.
How to test its functionality? ->
- keep in mind that tests with just one upload or download can only measure your connection's maximum up or downstream transfer rate. That is why you will need to generate at least two simultaneous data streams to gauge the effect of cFosTraffic Shaping: Both cFos and cFosSpeed will calibrate themselves with respect to the connection. This means best results are usually achieved after having used those programs for several days, during which you should run as many uploads and downloads as possible at full speed.
- Now send yourself an e-mail with an attachment of at least 5 MB. On a standard connection, this should give you about 5 minutes you can use for measuring. For each test, you should flush your browser cache and keep track of the loading times for your Web sites. All tests should be repeated several times for maximum accuracy.
You can download a freeware ping test tool on Cfos website
04-08-2012 01:42 AM #6
Thank you Henk, for the long explanation, I didn't feel like going that in depth. Sorry some times I give the short version. Just sufficive to say it works and works good and is worth the effort and time to train it just like SPAM Filters.
10-12-2012 01:27 AM #7
It does work. It may not be reducing your ping but, i found it useful when i get to play and download the urgent torrents at the same time. I can divide the connection, and give my game higher priority than the download, and it doesn't give me a high ping, although there's a download.#welcomechallenges
01-23-2013 06:30 AM #8
There is a HUGE difference running this and some of you need to look past the ping times. I have decent ping times but I found that many applications bottleneck my connection... Steam, UPlay, Origin, Utorrent and many others...
Many many times I would try to do other things like browse using Chrome and either have a real slow connection to pages or even an error... I installed this app with my new board and holy crap what a difference! I can now browse and play and use all the tools at the same time without any obvious degradation to my connection now. This software definitely makes a huge difference in directing and prioritizing connections on my system...
Also make sure you have your settings done correctly.. if in doubt just hit the DEFAULT setting button and it will change everything enough so that in a short time you will see your connection lose any latency or routing issues it may have had.
Right now I came here because I just got notice of an update.. and we cannot update directly from CFOS's website since we are running a special licensed version.