cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Key Issues

sigtrm
Level 7
According to manual:
``Shortly press the ROG Connect button on the rear panel to switch the keyboard control between the OC Key device and the computer system.''

That doesn't work, I can't in any way control OSD menu from OC Key.

OSD menu from OC Key also show totally different values for example for CPU Temp and CPU FREQ:
EDIT: FYI my MB is Rampage IV EXtreme 😉

15 REPLIES 15

HiVizMan
Level 40
What keyboard are you using to access the OC key, and have you updated the firmware for the OC Key?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I use wired Logitech WAVE keyboard, and I am not aware of new OC Key firmware, I mean I have original stock firmware and I dont see any firmware for OC Key on asus site.

smokeintheeye
Level 11

yes I have already found that FW and I have installed it but it changed nothing.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will need to use a PS/2 keyboard.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Sofyan88
Level 7
to control the OC Key menu, the PS2 keyboard is required. if you are using a USB keyboard, you MUST connect it to white USB port on the back, (also known as ROG Connect).

CPU temp on OC Key is Processor and Socket temp

CPU temp on AI Suite Software, is the core temp

since you enable the spedstep feature, the CPU freaquency is up and down, min is 1.200 (100x12) max turbo is 3800 (100x38)
the CPU frequency shows on OC key screen is the MAX frequency of your CPU, I bet your Turbo mode is enable 😄
so the OC key screen is just to "show" MAX frequency, not record the spedstep, so it's "static" info.

@Sofyan88
thx for the USB ROG white port tip now it works and I have already asked my grandfather about that PS2 thing and he said he has one in his basement but after 3 seconds he forgot what I was asking for... elder dementia. 😉

(PS2 really?;-)

I understand temp but CPU freq values on OC arent static. these varies from 12x to 35x but never match AI Monitor values. I will have to investigate it further, now when I can use this OC OSD menu I will get into this more.

sigtrm wrote:
@Sofyan88
thx for the USB ROG white port tip now it works and I have already asked my grandfather about that PS2 thing and he said he has one in his basement but after 3 seconds he forgot what I was asking for... elder dementia. 😉

(PS2 really?;-)

I understand temp but CPU freq values on OC arent static. these varies from 12x to 35x but never match AI Monitor values. I will have to investigate it further, now when I can use this OC OSD menu I will get into this more.

you're welcome buddy 😄

but, in my OC key, the CPU Ratio X BCLK and CPU Frequency are static. not move any little bit. In CPUZ the CPU frequency is up and down
my OC key Firmware version 1.0.0.3
I don't know if any latest firmware update from asus, may be will solve the "static CPU frequency" issue

Sofyan88 wrote:

CPU temp on OC Key is Processor and Socket temp
CPU temp on AI Suite Software, is the core temp

However, there is a huge difference between RealTimeGT CPU temp and AI Suite's data