cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAULTY DCUII's so many

Sarg_Scorpio
Level 7
Hey so after spending 4 months getting pissed at ASUS im gona post here for you all to see. I brought about 4 months ago a NEW HD 6970 DCU II go it home used it for 1-2 before finding out the GPU temp of 60-100 was way off so took it back to retailer go anther one ..... guess what lol same issue...... So took that back to the retailer and go a 7950 cause no more 6970 in stock.... was made to pay more so i could have a working card that day or i would have to send it off and have no card till it gets back...... so go the 7950 home and guess what lol faulty too the beam on the side doesnt hold the DCU cooling gystem up and it slips off the GPU and it start to get hot in seconds... pus hteh beam back to where it should be cool in a second. sooo back down to the retailer again.. and no more 7950 in stock soooooo PAY more for a 7970 however this has much better cooling than any more the other cards... I just cant believe 4 faulty cards to get 1 that works.... lol what a joke. Then i spoke to asus via email and gave them the serials of the faulty cards which they confirmed, They i get told please contact our quality service to let them know about this. Should they not pass this on why do i have to start a whole new case again. Now tho i have to look at returning this 7970 card cause it appears to be faulty video memory making it blue screen all the time....... wont do it in games or anthing and sometimes last a day ok but just like now on the desktop can do it 3 times in 30 mins.... So i dont know maybe ill leave ASUS rate as i feel like thier quality has turned to crap and the same with thier customer service.

PS ASUS you have posted on your site and all your customer reps saying GPU 3.0 will be out in march.... pssst its April now and still nothing......... now you say lol its the Q3 lol what ever, since when would tell the public that im sure you would say a month. ASUS stop making your self look like your quality has gone to nothing.... Also needed the 3.0 update to fix the VRM temp issue with the 7970 since you released GPU tweak with it but it had no idea how to read the new VRM temps... so hence why i want the new one that works... not a beta which i had to go find.
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
You have had a rough time of it mate that is for sure.

I would be less than happy about the whole thing, thank you for your comments.

I do hope that the ASUS support folks are reading this post and taking notes. Sharpen up guys, support and how you deal with folks who have bought product and are having issues is as important as marketing the product, maybe more so.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

X-ROG
Level 15
I've messaged the team to update the webpage - there is some miscommunication that it should be more Q3 not month 3.

Sorry that you've been having such issues with the DCIIs 😞 Seems a string of bad luck but I've let the VGA team know about this thread.

Thank you very much, With the 7970 i have found a issue right now which is kinda of a joke but more AMD drivers side not ASUS. The fact is i cannot have more than 1 screen plugged into the card or it will Blue-screen in 1-30 hrs lol. I found a forum on the net that has people with the same issue using 7970 cards from all brands, what they did is unplug the other 2 screens and leave 1 in. when i did this the average GPU temp dropped from 39c-42c to 29c-30c 😮 that's a big drop also the memory clock with 1 screen when idle is 600MHz as soon as i add a screen it goes to max and stays there,,,, (mine is 6300MHz) so this card can currently only have 1 screen plugged into it or it gets blue screen errors and gets about 10c hotter... so much for my eyefinity 😞

What i found is AMD drivers 12.1 work but 12.2/12.3 or 12.4 will not and will cause the blue screen issue.

With the blue screen usually when idle or gone to lunch or even on a webpage.... all screens will freeze then go black and then blue screen of death comes up.... 😞 i have tested this now. and its confirmed.

heres a video i took of the card a few days ago before i knew about this and look at the stock temps with 3 screens, also notice memory clock is maxing and not going low at all.... will make a new video to see if i can show the change when you add a screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eVidT0Uss

Holy crap!!!

thank you! that's exactly the problem i was having, so 12-1 really does help?
i didn't believe at first, usually the logic is the newest drivers "fixes" the issues
in this case seems to be the opposite. 😞

bah... i just returned my 2x 7970 because of that bug

the whole reason i got them was to do crossfire in eyefinity in games, there's no point of having purchased 6 brand new 24" monitor for nothing.

at the moment i'm rolling on a 6970 no issues at all, but i sure wanted the 7970, i'll probably find a couple of them again when the dust settles and the bugs gets squashed out

Sarg_Scorpio wrote:
Thank you very much, With the 7970 i have found a issue right now which is kinda of a joke but more AMD drivers side not ASUS. The fact is i cannot have more than 1 screen plugged into the card or it will Blue-screen in 1-30 hrs lol. I found a forum on the net that has people with the same issue using 7970 cards from all brands, what they did is unplug the other 2 screens and leave 1 in. when i did this the average GPU temp dropped from 39c-42c to 29c-30c 😮 that's a big drop also the memory clock with 1 screen when idle is 600MHz as soon as i add a screen it goes to max and stays there,,,, (mine is 6300MHz) so this card can currently only have 1 screen plugged into it or it gets blue screen errors and gets about 10c hotter... so much for my eyefinity 😞

What i found is AMD drivers 12.1 work but 12.2/12.3 or 12.4 will not and will cause the blue screen issue.

With the blue screen usually when idle or gone to lunch or even on a webpage.... all screens will freeze then go black and then blue screen of death comes up.... 😞 i have tested this now. and its confirmed.

heres a video i took of the card a few days ago before i knew about this and look at the stock temps with 3 screens, also notice memory clock is maxing and not going low at all.... will make a new video to see if i can show the change when you add a screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eVidT0Uss
i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, ASUS VG278H(3x27") & 3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(2x) 5760×1080*3D, OCZ ZX 1250W, OCZ 256GB Vertex4(2x), Seagate 3TB(6x), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600 & Z560 THX, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5, Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas, Saitek PZ35

stitch
Level 9
Any assistance ASUS can provide on trying to get my ASUS video card working with my ASUS motherboard would be greatly appreciated 😛 Heck, tell me it is the video card drivers and I will roll them back. I just want this card to work and be stable, I've wasted over 20 hours now trying to get it working and when I think I've got it, it starts crashing again.
Windows 11 Pro | ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6400 | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4070 TI

HiVizMan
Level 40
Funny thing is I have three cards in my system and I flashed each of their BIOS to the review ASUS bios and I have not had one moments problem with them. I run 3 screens on my system, One DVI, one HDMI and one display port.

I bought the cheapest HD7970 cards that I could get as there where no ASUS cards available at that time.

Really sorry to hear you guys are having these kinds of problems. I use the latest drivers with no issues.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

stitch
Level 9
Hi HiVisMan,

I can't get my card stable with all of my system's features enabled in Battlefield 3. If I downclock, it works (which would seemingly indicate a power issue...but that simply can't be possible, so it must be drivers), depending on what I have installed on my system for drivers for hardware on my P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3, 3DMark11 will or will not crash. Any idea if there is diagnostic software that can be run and sent to ASUS for testing to see what is going on with the card?
Windows 11 Pro | ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6400 | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4070 TI

i'm running a 1250w PSU and it still crashes, definitely the source is either driver or temp or fault hardware
i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, ASUS VG278H(3x27") & 3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(2x) 5760×1080*3D, OCZ ZX 1250W, OCZ 256GB Vertex4(2x), Seagate 3TB(6x), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600 & Z560 THX, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5, Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas, Saitek PZ35

stitch
Level 9
I got my card stable by...get this...not using my 1080p monitor. Doesn't matter if it is hooked up via Active DisplayPort adapter or direct to DVI, Battlefield 3 will crash. This is on Catalyst 12.3 w/o CAP.