cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this mobo be ivy bridge cpu compatible?

VyperKing
Level 7
I read that it was but i want a confirmation that it is. Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
And what mobo is this mobo?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

RazorCat
Level 10
yeah what is the model of the mobo?
R7-3700X | ROG STRIX B550-F WIFI | Noctua NH-D15s | 2x16Gb TUF VULCAN 3600Mhz | 4 X 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 2TB Caviar Green | Palit GTX 1070Ti | SEASONIC 850W FOCUS GOLD | NZXT Phantom White | ASUS VG278QR-J / ASUS VX239H

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you are asking about the MIVE then yes, the 3 series BIOS's are all for Ivybridge
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
If you are asking about the MIVE then yes, the 3 series BIOS's are all for Ivybridge

is that the maximus iv?

VyperKing
Level 7
maximus IV genez/gen3 is the mobo that i own.

puma99dk_
Level 9
ViperKing the Maximus Gene-Z/Gen3 do support Ivy Bridge with the latest bios.

MIVE = Maximus IV Extreme
MIVE-Z = Maximus IV Extreme-Z

I've got a question tied into the Ivy Bridge CPU support. Will I be able to update the bios of this board without a 'working' cpu? I'm planning on getting a 3770K when it's released and I've never booted a board without a CPU in the socket. Will that work?

Of course if the Maximus V Extreme gets announced I might wait for it.

Badmana wrote:

Of course if the Maximus V Extreme gets announced I might wait for it.

it's gone be the maximus V formula. I don't see why everyone need an Extreme, the maximus v formula have more feature than any extreme they release until now.

Area 66 wrote:
it's gone be the maximus V formula. I don't see why everyone need an Extreme, the maximus v formula have more feature than any extreme they release until now.

Well, all I really want is 8+ sata ports and built-in blue tooth. I think the formula doesn't have blue tooth.