cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standby problems with OC - locked multiplier at 12x after wakeup

Atlas100
Level 7
Hi there,

got a very annoying prob over here and tried every possbile solution and links you already provided.

Basically it comes down to the dynamic multiplier / turbo boost.
Whenever I send the PC 1st time to sleep and wake it up after the multiplier locks at 12x.

I have to reboot to solve it.
Also the PC will stay on for the next standby (Power LED blinks like in S3 standby, but PC is still fully on, monitor switched off).

And this happens absolutely independent from any RAM, OC or whatsover setting....whenever I OC the CPU this problem kicks in....

As i *always* use the standby mode OC'ing is dead for me at the mom!

Do yu guys have *any* idea how to fix it, so that the CPU can dynamically change its multiplier again?

Regards

Atlas
129 REPLIES 129

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello Atlas

Could you post your system specifications please. We can not help you if we do not know what hardware you are using?

I can guess a RIVE board but it is not a good idea to guess when it comes to support.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ups!

Sorry....

Got the following config:

Rampage IV Extreme BF3 @ 1202 BIOS
i7-3930k
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHZ
7970 Club 3D

mdzcpa
Level 12
You say the problem kicks in when you overclock.

What are the BIOS settings you are using for your OC?
Are you leaving speedstep enabled or disabling it?
Are you adjusting any of the C States?
Are you overclocking using the "All Cores" setting?

We need your OC UEFI settings.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The sleep problems are very much related to the state of your over clock and especially the DDR3 over clock.

Could you please post your ram part number if one kit or if two kits post both kits part numbers please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi there,

tried several possible OC methods, manual, normal OC, gamer OC etc.
C1E is enabled
BLCK 100
VCore Offset Mode
Speedstep enabled (I definetely want this one to save energy / heat consumption)
C-States not adjusted and set at "Normal OC" params

DRAM part number:

CMT16GX3M4x2133C9 set manual to 9-11-10-27 2T when @2133MHz
One 4x4GB KIT

1600 or even stock@1333 and auto settings --> no results / solution, still same probs
NO luck at all.....thats why I said that it couldn't be RAM related.
I mean - the multiplier ist just stuck at 12x - so it must have sth. to do with the Speedstep thinggy or not?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers thank you.

And final question what BIOS are you using?

Hi there,

tested with 1202 and 1101 --> both the same and not working!

Shamino
try clockgen filter @ 10UF

nope....no luck with these gen filters.
Multiplier stays locked.....