cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage IV error code OC

arun
Level 7
Hi All,

This might be a very silly issue....i am getting an error "0C" while i am trying to boot the system, please find the system specs below. Any help would be highly appreciated...

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Asus HD7750
Crossair vengance 8GB 1600 c9
intel 3820
corsair hydro cpu cooler H60
corsair HX 650W

Dram LED is flashing and i have tried using the memok button unfortunately it didn't help.

Regards,
Arun
13 REPLIES 13

Shamino
have u tried lastest bios by using usb flashback?

Shamino wrote:
have u tried lastest bios by using usb flashback?

Thanks mate....appreciate your help...i will give it a try...will update you once i have tried....Cheers

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello Arun

did the bios flash sort your problem out.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello Arun

did the bios flash sort your problem out.

unfortunately it didn't help....updated the bios to latest version 1202 and restarted the machine. Dram led is still flashing...tried the MEM OK button as well..

Removed the CPU from the socket to check any visible pin issues....from my limited knowledge couldn't find any issues in the board or CPU....please advice if there is a better way of checking it...

was wondering whether using another 1066 MHz memory stick instead of corsair ...

Regards,
Arun

8_Pack
Level 12
Have you tried booting teh system with only one stick of RAM. Put it either side of teh CPU but in the furthest red sockets.

8 Pack wrote:
Have you tried booting teh system with only one stick of RAM. Put it either side of teh CPU but in the furthest red sockets.

thanks for the help...have tried with one stick of ram at either side of the cpu and in the furthest red sockets and it still wouldnt boot....same error OC...

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you can get hold of other ram that might be a good idea. I am not a big fan of the Vengence series. Some kits are very good and others are problematic to say the least.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
If you can get hold of other ram that might be a good idea. I am not a big fan of the Vengence series. Some kits are very good and others are problematic to say the least.

thanks mate, i have tried with a 4gb stick of kingston KVR 1333D3N9, still the same error:confused:...

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please try BIOS 1305 - what have you got to lose.

If that fails we will start doing a full problem solve.