cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus, Rampage, error, code b5

RAMAKANTA
Level 7
I just doing a new build, rampage extreme iv, 3930k c2, ,G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual/Quad Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL) [F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL],Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM (ST2000DL003) [ST2000DL003],XFX 750W XXX Edition Modular '80 Plus Silver' Power Supply [P1-750B-NLG9],Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x BluRay RW / 16x DVD±RW Drive - Black (OEM) [BDR-207DBK],,

Booting for the first time and get error b5. this is only my second build, the first q6700 no problems.

Any ideas on the problem please.
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello and welcome

That is not a common error code. What are the numbers or codes before that error stops the process.

In the mean time I would make sure your ram is correctly seated. You will hear a click on both sides of the ram. Make sure you have your ram in the correct slots. Use the user manual to help you decide which slots to use. I get a 65 error code when a stick of ram is not correctly seated.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello and welcome

That is not a common error code. What are the numbers or codes before that error stops the process.

In the mean time I would make sure your ram is correctly seated. You will hear a click on both sides of the ram. Make sure you have your ram in the correct slots. Use the user manual to help you decide which slots to use. I get a 65 error code when a stick of ram is not correctly seated.

Thank you, I think I need to start wearing glasses looking closely at the diagram in the manual I put the memory in the wrong slots. But know I get error A2.

HiVizMan wrote:
I get a 65 error code when a stick of ram is not correctly seated.

That is a b5 mate. Easily confused with a 6 but it is not, the top line on the b is missing if you comapre to the actual 6 hex codes that come later.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
That is a b5 mate. Easily confused with a 6 but it is not, the top line on the b is missing if you comapre to the actual 6 hex codes that come later.

Cheers thanks Raja
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
What LED lights are on and what colour are they.

Please try with one stick of ram and see if you can get past that error code.

HiVizMan wrote:
What LED lights are on and what colour are they.

Please try with one stick of ram and see if you can get past that error code.

I moved the gpu to slot two and got to the bios, now I am trying to instal windows 7 64, where do I find the intel irst driver?

Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hi again - http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/imsm

HiVizMan wrote:
Hi again - http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/imsm

Got the drivers, but how to instal with no floppy disc?

Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
Stupid question from my side, but why do you need to install drivers during your OS install?