cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Logo posting twice, is this normal, please help?

Lexinious
Level 7
Hello, I've had 2 Crosshair V boards, RMA'd 1 so I have this one currently and have 2 Crosshair IV's... My first Crosshair IV board I didnt have this problem or at the least didnt notice it! I've had different HHD's and SSD's so Im pretty sure it's not software related. When I boot my system it goes "my logo, cannot find any devices, then my logo again", is that normal? It would seam to me that when the system boots the logo would only show once but I could be wrong! When I turn off the logo in bios, then it boots numbers instead of straight into windows in which im ultimately after.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Current bios is 1302 (I think, the latest as of yesterday), thanks in advance for any help here 😉

Corsiar 120G ForceGT SSD
Crosshair V-FX 8150
XFX HD6990
Corsair AX1200
Asus BR, DVD ETC...
Xigmatek elipsium case
All Water Cooled...
16 REPLIES 16

HiVizMan
Level 40
You have two different kinds of SATA ports, and if you do not have any hard drives or other types of drives connected you can disable those not in use. That will reduce the POST time. That is what the one screen you are getting is all about 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Had the same problem. Resolved it like this...

Go to the Advanced section of the BIOS/Onboard Devices Configuration/ASM1061 Storage Controller and DISABLE IT.

Here is what is happening...

ASM1061 Storage Controller:
This is a third-party ASMedia controller (hardware and software) for a 7th SATA SATA6G_E1 port on the MB. It should be used ONLY for a 7th drive or to plug in a DVD drive into the eSATA port on the back of the MB.

ASMedia is responsible for the Device Not Found message at the initial post screen right after turn on. It is looking for any devices plugged into the two ASMedia ports. It is also responsible for slow boot up.

Disabling turns off the ASMedia SATA6G_E1 port on the MB which most people do not need at all unless you have 7 drives and need the extra port. It completely removes the Device Not Found message and boots directly to the BIOS selection screen (where you can press the Del key to get into the BIOS).

You should uninstall (in Windows) the ASMedia driver as it slows down Windows boot-up.

Cheers;
Doc
Retired... and Loving it :cool:

Thanks for the fast responses! I'm disabled and wish I could work! I hate it but its the cards I was given so I have to deal with being stuck in 1 of 2 recliners all day except for Doc time which is at 1:15 today... lol, I suppose that was a response to being retired and loving it, people that wish at a early age they could retire dont really know what their asking for, I could see being 50 to 60 being retired but at 38 like me its boring. Altho theres the fact I cant do much of anything to so it could be differant for others I guess if they had money and are healthy!

Thanks again guys!

A high-end computer can be good therapy (it can also cause you to pull all your remaining hair out by the roots). At other times, I have wanted to throw the whole thing out (or through) the window but, I usually regain my senses and stop just before actually doing it. My only fear is that someday I will complete the act of violence and regret it later.

With that cheery note;
Doc

DocLotus wrote:
A high-end computer can be good therapy (it can also cause you to pull all your remaining hair out by the roots). At other times, I have wanted to throw the whole thing out (or through) the window but, I usually regain my senses and stop just before actually doing it. My only fear is that someday I will complete the act of violence and regret it later.

With that cheery note;
Doc

Agree'd 100% VERY good theropy indeed! I've wondered about this question for a while but figured I would figure it out some day, glad I just asked tho because I was at the point of breaking something lol...

Thanks again, sorry I ran out on ya but like I said, had a Doc app.

DocLotus wrote:
Had the same problem. Resolved it like this...

Go to the Advanced section of the BIOS/Onboard Devices Configuration/ASM1061 Storage Controller and DISABLE IT.

Here is what is happening...

ASM1061 Storage Controller:
This is a third-party ASMedia controller (hardware and software) for a 7th SATA SATA6G_E1 port on the MB. It should be used ONLY for a 7th drive or to plug in a DVD drive into the eSATA port on the back of the MB.

ASMedia is responsible for the Device Not Found message at the initial post screen right after turn on. It is looking for any devices plugged into the two ASMedia ports. It is also responsible for slow boot up.

Disabling turns off the ASMedia SATA6G_E1 port on the MB which most people do not need at all unless you have 7 drives and need the extra port. It completely removes the Device Not Found message and boots directly to the BIOS selection screen (where you can press the Del key to get into the BIOS).

You should uninstall (in Windows) the ASMedia driver as it slows down Windows boot-up.

Cheers;
Doc

Hi, I was wondering you say that this also controls the rear eSata port is this correct? I have a Hdd docking station pluged in to the eSata port on rear, for doing backup's and such, if I disable this is bios and remove the driver from the os will the rear eSata port still function?
Thanks is advance
Nick

Fx-8150, 4.5GHz, 1.34v. H70 Cooling, Corsair Dom 2 X 4Gig 1866MHz 9-10-9-27-2T-1.5V, Crosshair V, Hx850 PSU, XFX B.E. 7970 DD, 3 X 23 Led's, 2 X 1Tb Blacks, 2 X 2Tb Greens, 5Tb NAS Cloud, Logitech Mx Mouse, Logitech 7.1 surround,
Life is what you make it.

I think it will be disabled so you may have a catch 2 situation.

Doc

DocLotus wrote:
I think it will be disabled so you may have a catch 2 situation.

Doc

Ok well thanks for the quick reply, I was not really worried about the duel post. But if you don't ask you will never know. To be honest I never thought the 3rd party sata port onboard was linked to the rear eSata though, wonder why.
I will leave as is for now.
Thanks Again..
Nick

Fx-8150, 4.5GHz, 1.34v. H70 Cooling, Corsair Dom 2 X 4Gig 1866MHz 9-10-9-27-2T-1.5V, Crosshair V, Hx850 PSU, XFX B.E. 7970 DD, 3 X 23 Led's, 2 X 1Tb Blacks, 2 X 2Tb Greens, 5Tb NAS Cloud, Logitech Mx Mouse, Logitech 7.1 surround,
Life is what you make it.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Secret is to shout four very loudly just before you let go. Oh and make sure the window is open.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.