cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory upgrades

Retired
Not applicable
I just wanted to check out a couple of things before I started messing around with upgrading the memory on my laptop.

First of all, does this use "triple-channel" or "dual-channel" memory? I ask, because I would prefer not to see a performance degradation caused by adding a fourth SO-DIMM to a triple-channel setup. Looking in the windows device manager, it looks like it is probably dual channel?

Also, while I've seen posts that talk about upgrading with PC1066 or PC1333 memory, what does it ship with? I'd like to either upgrade it all to PC1333 (if there will be a performance enhancement that way), or make sure I use the same type for all DIMMS.

Finally, do I need to make sure that all the DIMMs are the same size and speed? I.e., could I get a single 4GB SO-DIMM, and add it to the open slot? Will this cause a performance issue?

Thank you ahead of time for your help!
1 REPLY 1

reiyu
Level 7
the board is dual channel. and yes, you have to make sure that the speed and the timings are the same. use cpu-z to figure the ram timings out and buy a respective ram with the same size, speed and timings.