Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG WIN 7 Theme - Thank You.

chrsplmr
Level 18
http://rog.asus.com/105212012/news/the-rog-windows-7-theme/ from MarshallR
@ 'HOME' Page

This is an awesome theme .. finally and thank you.

One minor glitch i see .. dont know if it is unique
to my machine .. but 'in the forum' when you move
the 'cursor' to click into a title box or the text box ..
the cursor disappears .. [turns black] ..

and the computer 'icon' is a nice touch ..
it goes well with my 'user icon'

This is a shot of the 'cursor' >>>> It's there. really. ironic? 7916
13 REPLIES 13

Retired
Not applicable
Lil rog i everywhere.........

Retired
Not applicable
I love the theme but ever since I installed the theme the only things in my notification area are, my internet and sound. There is
there is normally an Intel and a razer one and my internet security one, but after I installed the theme they just weren't there.
checked my settings and it says that the icons should be displaying?

if anyone can help it would be gladly appreciated, if asus were for example to provide an unisntaller it would be very helpful.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome DigiPanda .. did you check msconfig to see if they are still enabled** ?

I had 0 issue other than that mentioned ..
and a few Kapersky warnings that Passed on install. (*..acting like a keylogger ?)
but it was writing to a dos window .. (K) passed it and a simalar ie browser
warning ... passed.

**start, run (is run enabled?*),type msconfig, enter,startup tab >>> list.

* right click task bar (bottom) click properties,click start menu, click customize,
scroll through the options ... (might as well do all of them..and run.)

Henkenator68NL
Level 13
But where is the Boot Skin ??? I created ????
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12276-Win-ROG-BOOT-SKIN-just-created-!-Opinions

This is the missing link or ???

Retired
Not applicable
Okay so I installed the new ROG theme, but I want my default start icon back.. Can anyone please help me get this back? I really hope there is a way to go back to my windows 7 start button. Ive tried googling everything.. I deleted all the theme files I can find, and everything is back to normal except the start icon... Thank you.

conner4892 wrote:
Okay so I installed the new ROG theme, but I want my default start icon back.. Can anyone please help me get this back? I really hope there is a way to go back to my windows 7 start button. Ive tried googling everything.. I deleted all the theme files I can find, and everything is back to normal except the start icon... Thank you.

Dear Conner,

No more despare, I while back I figures all possible changes out than could and can be made to tweek your Windows Experience. Included als a way to get back your normal button.
Here is the Link:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11961-More-New-Windows-Start-Buttons-in-ROG-Style-!!!-Have-...

Check the part and the links about the start button. If you don't succeed let me know. I am sure I have a backup of the default Win 7 button!

😉

To fix the notifications, just restart your computer 🙂

conner4892 wrote:

Just uninstall the whole thing via the programs menu in control panel 🙂

Loud__amp__Fast
Level 10
Thanks for sharing!!! I just set the sounds back to my default everything else is fine!!