cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN key NOT working properly

Grimmis
Level 7
recently my FN key stopped functioning properly, it won't me disable the touchpad which is really starting to get on my freaking nerves and it won't let me turn down the volume on my laptop, won't let me do anything...hell it won't even let me turn on the lights for the keys, it'll adjust the brightness but won't show the animation wheel for anything being done. is there ANYTHING i can do? plus it took me about 3 times as long to type this up because of the damn touchpad getting in the way!

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: i did a system restore to last week and everything is working fine except for disabling the touchpad, which i just completely removed since im just using a wireless mouse. would be nice to know why i can't disable the touchpad w/o uninstalling the driver for it...
2 REPLIES 2

BrodyBoy
Level 10
You didn't say which model you're talking about, so I 'll just offer some general pointers.

(1) Update your BIOS to the latest version, using the Easy Flash utility.

(2) Uninstall your current TP driver, reboot, and install the latest version.

(2) Do a repair install of your ATK package, in Control Panel. Alternately, if there's a newer version of your ATK Package available, completely uninstall the one you are using, reboot, and install the new one.

whoops, sorry, forgot to mention that >.<

Asus G74Sx is the model