cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help me uninstall rog theme v10012 win7? PLEASE?

namesarestupid
Level 7
i just downloaded and installed "rog theme v10012 win7" to see what it looked like (since i couldnt find anything on rog.asus.com website about gamefirst v4.53.1567 which i why i came here from google in the first place) and i was bored. bad mistake...well i dont like it and now my pc is stuck with the ROG logo start button and mouse pointer and my custom win7 theme i was using is gone ... PLEASE someone tell me how to restore my previous custom one? 😮 😮 😮 atleast how to uninstall all the ROG theme completely? PLEASE help me? this sucks

thank you in advance to anyone who responds

asus maximus iv gene-z mobo\intel i7 2600k@4.6ghz\8gb g.skill ripjaws 9-11-10-28-2@2133mhz\evga gtx550 ti\corsair h100 watercooler\corsair gs600 psu\corsair 500r case\60gb ssd+500gb hdd
4 REPLIES 4

ravfour22
Level 7
namesarestupid wrote:
i just downloaded and installed "rog theme v10012 win7" to see what it looked like (since i couldnt find anything on rog.asus.com website about gamefirst v4.53.1567 which i why i came here from google in the first place) and i was bored. bad mistake...well i dont like it and now my pc is stuck with the ROG logo start button and mouse pointer and my custom win7 theme i was using is gone ... PLEASE someone tell me how to restore my previous custom one? 😮 😮 😮 atleast how to uninstall all the ROG theme completely? PLEASE help me? this sucks

thank you in advance to anyone who responds

asus maximus iv gene-z mobo\intel i7 2600k@4.6ghz\8gb g.skill ripjaws 9-11-10-28-2@2133mhz\evga gtx550 ti\corsair h100 watercooler\corsair gs600 psu\corsair 500r case\60gb ssd+500gb hdd

Hi,
Right click on desk top, then click on Personalize, should be last on bottom, you should see different themes now. Select a new theme, once changed, right click on rog theme and select either remove or delete...
Nick
If you have any trouble let me know. Also if you have a restore point, it will set your custom theme back, depending on how long ago...

Fx-8150, 4.5GHz, 1.34v. H70 Cooling, Corsair Dom 2 X 4Gig 1866MHz 9-10-9-27-2T-1.5V, Crosshair V, Hx850 PSU, XFX B.E. 7970 DD, 3 X 23 Led's, 2 X 1Tb Blacks, 2 X 2Tb Greens, 5Tb NAS Cloud, Logitech Mx Mouse, Logitech 7.1 surround,
Life is what you make it.

X-ROG
Level 15
Go to programs and features and uninstall it. It's listed under ASUS ROG.

If your custom theme was not saved, then it is gone, otherwise, it will be under the "Themes" dialog, possibly near the bottom. Uninstalling the ROG does clean it up, so its not a big deal. Recreating the theme, that can take more time.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

thank you to everyone for your prompt response to this matter! i actually did a system restore last night after i posted on the forums (fortunately ms had updated windows the day before yesterday!) i was able to recover my original theme that way, so no harm done other than my own panic haha. i even got to keep the cool screen saver!

p.s. my mobo is awesome...it really is

asus maximus iv gene-z/gen3